Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<_< If it wasn't for friends of ours who work on the base...I would have turned around!

2 hours to get parked!

Missed 3/4s of the birthday...Enjoyed the show...got some good pics (will post if ya want)

And to top it off A BOMB THREAT! They found a pipe bomb

What a H3!! of a day!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Didn't go to the show. Decided it wouldn't be a good idea just on the off chance something went wrong. My older son is flying to Uruguay in December and if by some odd chance a plane crashed there's no way in heck he'd get on his flight... and that ticket cost just over $1000! lol We could hear the planes though... sounded cool.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Was at a golf outing at Bello Woods and the Blue Angels blasted by directly over us at low altitude - it was AWESOME!

We were able to see a few other aircraft performing - very cool - until the cloud cover dropped.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jul 27 2003, 11:06 AM)
If it wasn't for friends of ours who work on the base...I would have turned around!

2 hours to get parked!

Missed 3/4s of the birthday...Enjoyed the show...got some good pics (will post if ya want)

What a H3!! of a day!
They really found a pipe bomb???? I didn't hear anything about that! Rotten people......gggrrrr.......Send the guilty person/s over to Iraq!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
OH god..the traffic yesterday was horrendous..i'm on jefferson between 22 /23...and it took me hours to get home. gratiot was bumper to bumper, 21 mile was the same..cotton road was the same...jefferson..the same..i was ready to kill someone yesterday. glad this isn't a yearly event!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Well, we went down to the boat Friday night. I put the new alternator on and guess what, it is a bad one as well. I Took it back off Saturday morning (decided Friday night after it was found ot be bad as well it was time to start drinking) and went in search of someone who could actually test a marine alternator. Found that place in Fair Haven was the only person knowledgable enough to test it and tell me it was in fact bad as I suspected. So, we packed up and said the hell with it and went back home. It was way too windy anyway to go anchor out by Bel Mar. I sure hope Discount Marine will either give me another alternator or refund my money so I can go somewhere else. Will find that out this week sometime when I can finagle a day off from work to run back down that way. I've talked to several mechanical type persons and they all say I am not missing anything. What a wonderful weekend for boating.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Jul 27 2003, 10:17 AM)QUOTE(garydebs @ Jul 27 2003, 11:06 AM)
If it wasn't for friends of ours who work on the base...I would have turned around!

2 hours to get parked!

What a H3!! of a day!
They really found a pipe bomb???? I didn't hear anything about that! Rotten people......gggrrrr.......Send the guilty person/s over to Iraq!
Ya, I heard it on the news this morning. I heard they went to lockdown mode for a while until they detonated the bomb.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
(to get technical.. it was the Thunderbirds, not the Blue Angels. both are great for airshows though!!)

We watched it from our boat Friday and Saturday.

Friday, directly out from Selfridge.

Saturday, in front of Mac N Rays.

there is a little bit better view in front of the air base, but not sure how the bottom is there for swimming. The Thunderbirds flew over us more at Mac N Rays though.

There were ALOT of boats out...and the strong breeze made it fun with all the people trying to squeeze in and anchor.

what time was the bomb scare? I know there was a LONG period of dead time with no air show on Saturday.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
We had a pretty good raft going out in front of Mac & Ray's Saturday. I was hoping to bust out of work a little eary Friday to catch some of the show from home before the party, but I got stuck at work till 3:30 and had to stop and buy some party favors for the party.

It was fun being on the water for the show but I'm sure the views of the show were better at my house.

I knew traffic would be a nightmare around my house so I made sure to stock up on everything I would need at home for the weekend, so I wouldn't have to go anywhere by car.

Weather could have been better but all in all it has been a great weekend. Jet-Ski, Delsolcruz, Bus Driver and their crew, Labdog, Hours by Design, and All Jack'ed Up and his crew came over my house to continue the party, with me, my sisters Monica and Christy, my brother in law Stan and my niece Nina. Then we crashed my neighbors party to shake the tootsies a bit.

I may take the jet-ski for a spin if I can get motivated today...

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
didnt know about pipe bomb , , , turned out to be a nice day though wasnt too many people swimming though , little windy ride on way back towards 9 mile on water ,,,afterwards , but was a nice day.

·
Registered
666 Posts
QUOTE(pampurred @ Jul 27 2003, 10:09 AM)Didn't go to the show. Decided it wouldn't be a good idea just on the off chance something went wrong. My older son is flying to Uruguay in December and if by some odd chance a plane crashed there's no way in heck he'd get on his flight... and that ticket cost just over $1000! lol We could hear the planes though... sounded cool.
Uruguay? Sending him alone? I have done some flihgts down there and I hate it when I can't speak the language.

Went to the practice on Thursday. It is amazing how much they are the same no matter where you go. I also went to the show in Traverse City for the Cherry Festival and the Red Barron team (only two planes in Traverse) did almost exactly the same show as here.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
We went on Friday had an awsome time. Not to many people prob 50,000 -100,000 but the size of the place made it seem empty. No waiting for parking or food or beer.

·
Registered
585 Posts
What a great show...after 45mins of trying to catch the anchor!! We just loved listening to the announcer for the airshow broadcasting on the radio or else we wouldnt know what the airplanes were doing..lol.

Thanks to seafoggs for letting us raft off and for flyboy being the designated anchor...hehehe. And to the rest of the gang out there with us...you guys ROCK!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts