Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and did they need to fly soooooooooooooo low?

anyways,,,saw lots of fish at rue de salle park...caught a few,,, but very small,,,, got a parking ticket.... know how much$$$$$$

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sometimes fishing at Selfridge is cool because of the planes. I know that those of you that live closer to the base are probably feel different. For me though, seeing jet fighters on manuvers or that huge cargo plane make very low, radical turns is a kind of a bonus.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I usually enjoy the free air show as well. That reminds me about two weeks back we had a two seater black helicopter with no visible numbers on it show up in front of the Coast Guard that was flying with his ski's about 5 feet above the ice that just kept coming back and forth in around the shanties. Was curious as to why the Coast Guard did not do anything about this guy though. I am sure there are flight regulations that do not allow for any aircraft to be flying this low. It seemed a rather dangerous stunt considering the number of people out there fishing on the ice. If someone would have stepped out of one of the shanties he was buzzing between he would have seriously hurt someone. Anyone else out there have a run in with this character?

·
Registered
512 Posts
QUOTE(vyndrup @ Feb 14 2004, 08:56 AM)...Selfridge is cool because of the planes.... seeing jet fighters on manuvers or that huge cargo plane make very low, radical turns is a kind of a bonus.
We dock our boat at MacRay's next to Selfridge.... I never tire of see the planes, especially the low, radical turns. Once late in the season fighter kept flying right over us as we cruised the lake. I swear he was using us as a targaet for bombing practice. Pretty cool stuff.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Black helicopters you say..... don't get that conversation started ha ha.
I was at Fairhaven today and saw a couple of cesna's (spelling) flying kind of low circling the ice and I saw someone with a parachute plane.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts