Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night at Gilbert's Sportsman's Club I saw an albino white tail deer. I heard of one in the area earlier and still couldn't believe my own eyes. It could be someones pet because it never got spooked by me or the other 25 guys standing there watching it. In fact, it came within 20 yards of us and acted like we weren't even there. I've also heard that being albino it is probably retarded, so maybe that's why it wasn't affraid of us.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I've seen them out in the wild by Onaway in northern Michigan! What a site to see!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Out of the 25 or 30 guys there, not one single camera <_<

but I'm going to start carrying one with me just in case. That was the second sighting in 3 days! It's bound to show up again.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
We've seen some up in the U.P. I have some pictures I'll have to scan in and post.

Some are even just part albino. White blotches all over them.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 11 2003, 02:25 PM)Some are even just part albino. White blotches all over them.
That might be snow???

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
We had one in our area, Chesterfield around 25 mile rd between Gratiot and North Ave. It was white from it's belly up to it's nose. The hind end was brown.... I believe that your not allowed to shoot one during hunting season????

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Focker @ Jul 11 2003, 02:26 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 11 2003, 02:25 PM) Some are even just part albino. White blotches all over them.
That might be snow???

No. One's nose was like half black, half pink.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Jul 11 2003, 06:26 PM)We had one in our area, Chesterfield around 25 mile rd between Gratiot and North Ave. It was white from it's belly up to it's nose. The hind end was brown.... I believe that your not allowed to shoot one during hunting season????
you are correct. Even though they are most likely retarded, and you don't want them to reproduce, they are illegal to kill.
I think it has something to do with some ancient native american belief that they are sacred or something like that.
Gilbert's is located on Omo Rd. just south of 28 mile. Maybe this one is related to the one in your area

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(Top Gun @ Jul 11 2003, 02:31 PM)QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Jul 11 2003, 06:26 PM) We had one in our area, Chesterfield around 25 mile rd between Gratiot and North Ave. It was white from it's belly up to it's nose. The hind end was brown.... I believe that your not allowed to shoot one during hunting season????
you are correct. Even though they are most likely retarded, and you don't want them to reproduce, they are illegal to kill.
I think it has something to do with some ancient native american belief that they are sacred or something like that.
Gilbert's is located on Omo Rd. just south of 28 mile. Maybe this one is related to the one in your area
Remember a true albino has pink eyes!

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Jul 11 2003, 01:35 PM)QUOTE(Top Gun @ Jul 11 2003, 02:31 PM) QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Jul 11 2003, 06:26 PM) We had one in our area, Chesterfield around 25 mile rd between Gratiot and North Ave. It was white from it's belly up to it's nose. The hind end was brown.... I believe that your not allowed to shoot one during hunting season????
Remember a true albino has pink eyes!
I wasn't close enough to see the color of it's eyes... haha

·
Registered
109 Posts
Whew! Until I saw the photos, I was getting pretty nervous!

Hey, you can't blame me for thinking that! 20-30 guys in the woods & no cameras?! I figured it was a Klan meeting!
I thought maybe your eye-holes were too small in your hoods!
Doh! Sorry for my mis-understanding..........

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Jul 11 2003, 02:35 PM)Remember a true albino has pink eyes!
Someone on here, I think CK, had pink-eye a few months ago if I recall.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
I thought you were meaning the Gilberts on Harper & 8 1/2

I saw one albino, but it had passed in a trail. It wasn't a true albino it had brown eyes.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(Flyin'Cman @ Jul 11 2003, 03:48 PM)Whew! Until I saw the photos, I was getting pretty nervous!

Hey, you can't blame me for thinking that! 20-30 guys in the woods & no cameras?! I figured it was a Klan meeting!
I thought maybe your eye-holes were too small in your hoods!
Doh! Sorry for my mis-understanding..........
THAT WAS MONDAY, DIDN'T YOU GET THE INVITATION?

·
Registered
187 Posts
They are protected. Why I don't know, but this is whats posted on the DNR website.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Protected Wildlife
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eagles, hawks, owls, swans, spruce grouse, wolves, lynx, moose, cougars, cub bears, and sows accompanied by cubs, and all white or albino deer may not be taken at any time. All nongame birds are protected, except starlings, English sparrows and feral pigeons.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.