Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't handle sitting in my tent during the rain and wind on Wednesday so I headed out on the river about 1:00 pm. Fished just north of the Algonac State Park and it only took 30 minutes to get my limit. It was pretty cool having the river all to myself… Never saw another boat. :)
The weather was horrible. Wind (whitecaps) from the south and east, trolling motor wide open to get me at the right speed to pull bottom bouncers. Took me two passes to keep everything untangled and to get the right speed. FISH EVERYWHERE on my depth finder. Made two more passes over my area and had my limit. WOW!!! Great time to be on the water. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE(Nept64 @ Jun 18 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Couldn't handle sitting in my tent during the rain and wind on Wednesday so I headed out on the river about 1:00 pm. Fished just north of the Algonac State Park and it only took 30 minutes to get my limit. It was pretty cool having the river all to myself&#8230; Never saw another boat. :)
The weather was horrible. Wind (whitecaps) from the south and east, trolling motor wide open to get me at the right speed to pull bottom bouncers. Took me two passes to keep everything untangled and to get the right speed. FISH EVERYWHERE on my depth finder. Made two more passes over my area and had my limit. WOW!!! Great time to be on the water. :)

what depth?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was my first time fishing in weather this bad and I loved every minute of it. I WILL be out there again when the bad stuff rolls in. :)
I finally broke down and bought a good rain suit this year and stayed completely dry the whole time I was out there. What a pleasant change. I've been wearing the cheep stuff for years.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nice job and report. I'm sure your limit was worth the trouble. I'm betting this weekend will be tough fishing. The water was very dirty this morning and getting worse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts