Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've never been to sunset either.

Been to AHC when I was young always enjoyed it, and I have a weekend planned to go back to AHC from 8/13 - 8/16, when I return from my worldly travels!

Long story short, can't go wrong with familiarity!!!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I think Harbor Club is nicer, the pool area is nicer and they have the tiki bar outside on weekends and a nice outdoor patio with the restaurant. Sunset Marina wouldn't really be my idea of a weekend get away on the boat, it's a nice marina and would be nice to keep a boat there but not really a place I would want to vacation at, especially when there is a tiki bar right across the river!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
QUOTE(Snkbyte @ Jul 20 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Alright thanks for the input. I guess it just doen't seem like much of a trip since I am docked at Swan Creek. I guess I will just have to cruise around a bit lol.

You'd probably enjoy St Clair or Port Huron. St Clair is a little quieter than PH, but has some good bars & restaurants, Pepper Joes, Murphy's Inn, The Voyager.

PH has a few decent clubs downtown, The Military, The Roche, Rum Runners, the Zebra. All have entertainment & are geared toward the younger crowd.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
QUOTE(Snkbyte @ Jul 20 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Alright thanks for the input. I guess it just doen't seem like much of a trip since I am docked at Swan Creek. I guess I will just have to cruise around a bit lol.

AHC has been on a roll with live entertainment on weekends. I don't think you would be disappointed.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Jimmy Buffet Party at IHYC this weekend.....should be a good time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.