Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you tink that things have changed since you got married?

For the better or for the worse?
Do youfind that you take eacher for granite?
Are there any expectations?
Would you change anythimg?

·
LSCN Sponsor
328 Posts
HMMM..... 65 looks and no one responds....

Well I am not married, but I will take a stab at it

I think you can guarantee only one thing in this life, that is change! Everything changes it is just a matter of if the two parties involved handle the changes well. Love will get you through the changes.

For the better or the worse... See above

Do you find you take each other for granted.. Doesn't everyone take people that they are close to for granted in some ways. I hear people say "he or she takes it for granted that I will always be there" Well shouldn't they? but while taking them for granted, appreciate them with all your heart.

Are there expectations... Again, there are expectations in everything in life

Would you change anything?

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. ...

·
Registered
485 Posts
For the better or for the worse? a little of both
Do youfind that you take eacher for granite? usually
Are there any expectations?not lately
Would you change anythimg? HAHAHA trick question right?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Hey Kat I promised ya I'd reply to this thread........after almost 8or 9 I forget years of marriage I definitely have some insights. However gotta go house hunting right now, I'll reply later!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Mar 20 2004, 07:53 PM)Do you tink that things have changed since you got married?

For the better or for the worse?[/B]Both at times..
Do you find that you take eacher for granite?Yes..
Always...Both ways
Would you change anythimg? Yes just wish we could get along better and be nicer at times[/B][/SIZE]

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Do you think that things have changed since you got married? Life changes~otherwise it would be boring.

For the better or for the worse? The marriage is great~it's others that can be obstacles sometimes~just stay strong

Do you find that you take each other for granite? Oh, yeah....but, there is always sweet revenge~I like my payments in the form of sexual favors

Are there any expectations? Never expect from others, what you can do for yourself.

Would you change anything? Not in my married life. The personal [email protected] others have put us through I would love to change.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I will be married coming up on two years right now. To answer those questions from a MANS perspective who is a little rough around the edges.

1. Things change in your marriage, that is fact of life. I have only been married a short time, so really do not see an effect yet.

2 Think the marriage is a great thing and for the better right now expecially when you plan on raising a family.

3 You can defiantely take each other for granted. But when you are sick, or when things are not so good, (or when you need some lovin'), you always seem to appreciate your spouse during those times.

4 Expectations is only for my wife to be #1 a good mother and then a good wife. Do not expect anything financially from here, though what she does make is a Plus.

5 If i could change anything then my wife would not be herself, and I would not have married her. You CANNOT change people. I learned that in other relationships But people will change on their own over time, as we all had different perspectives when we got out of high school, when we hit 30, ect.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
we have been married almost 16 years now and its been a great ride. Things allways change for us it just getts better and better. Everyone takes each other for granted once in awile it s human nature. My advice teel each other what you expect dont just assume the other one knows what you are thinking. Dont just say well he/she should have known.....

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
For the better or for the worse? The same
Do youfind that you take eacher for granite? sometimes
Are there any expectations? the same as before
Would you change anything? NO

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Mar 20 2004, 07:53 PM)...eacher for granite?
no but I did mistake her for marble once that cold, frigid, beotch.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Do you tink that things have changed since you got married?

YES~ But it's OK. We don't have as much time for each other, but we try!

Just change~ I'm as happy today as the day we got married, but things are different. We are more settled, less adventurous, more content.

We try not to take each other for granted, but sure, sometimes it happens. Be polite, say thank you for everything your spouse does for you!

Yep~ I excpect mutual respect, I expect the benefit of the doubt, and I expect to grow old together.

Not a chance.

We have been together for 11 years, married for 6. We have a great 2 1/2 year old, and are having our second child in 11 days

My wife is still beautiful, still my best friend, and still makes me get antsy when I'm on a plane home from business meetings. I always have to watch my speed on my way home from the airport. I can't wait to get home! I don't expect that to ever change.

Marraige is difficult, and it is worth it. Sure, you may differ, but as long as your core values line up nicely, you can be successful in marraige.

Sure, the shine comes off the apple after some time, but those core values and beliefs make you want to grow old together. I can't wait to retire and explore this world with my wife and family, and I'm only 31...

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Mar 20 2004, 07:53 PM)Do you tink that things have changed since you got married?

Granite?

Sandstone? Marble? lol

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I've been married for 9 years I think? Together almost 14 years, sounds right?

For better for worse? Had some truly challenges times, if that's the worst of it that we have I think things will be fine. Better is always better always looking to create those moments. There have been doubts I think on both ends whether we're right for each other throughout the years. Sometimes people grow apart and life changes happen. But if you unlayer all the crap that piles up and get to the core of why you came together in the first place. I think you can prevail.

Take each other for granted? Not really sure. As long as there is mutual respect and there's really nothing to take for granted??

Expectations? Yeah definitely there....common sense stuff like keeping a job, be responsible, don't do stupid things that could jeopordize our family financially, don't become someone that you totally weren't when I married you. And don't expect me to change who I am. Don't get all fat and lazy...

I think it's good to have expectations that are reasonable. Keeps everything/everyone in check. Of course things could be up for debate or discussion. Like expecting to have sex every day now that would be nice but maybe a little unrealistic!

Would I change anything? Sure there are some things I would change but for the most part we wouldn't be where we are today if we didn't have to go through some of the stuff we went through. I might have had children sooner but I'm still a young chicken. Financially maybe wouldn't have spent money on some of the stupid $hit we bought and definitely should have taken more vacations before Ryan. But all those would of should of, could ofs are in the past. No time like the present to make things happen the way you want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts