Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
driving home from night of partying at 330-345am seen a big body spike sitting on the side of the bridge. He was suffering from a car accident which was no where in site. Had to do a turn around to make sure i saw what i saw after a night of drinking. Called the police because i hate to see him suffer and that he was trying to get up he might end up in the road again and cause more havoc. Takes cop 30 mins to get there we talk for a minute and he says they had to be a drunk driver leaving the deer to suffer and not reporting for insurance. Soon as cop grabs his shotgun the buck screamed like he knew what was coming for a minute straight hate to say it but worst noise ive ever heard. Cop shoots once a point blank, deer still screaming trying to get up, cop shoots twice same thing, cop goes back into car to grab another shell deer stops and lays there for 10 seconds. Cop comes back deer trys to get up again then he finally shoots it in the head an puts it down. I thought about going to grab my truck to get me some free jerky. Cop asked if i want it, i told him not any more hes full of holes now, Cop laughs says itd save me a hunting trip and takes off.

My question is what kind of sissy shotgun and ammo is he using, should be one shot one kill not matter hunting or point blank

if you want a holy deer with broken legs hes fresh on hall road heading WB on the bridge b4 cj barrymores

·
Registered
164 Posts
They might be using some kind of soft pellet loaded shell so there is no ricochet off of the cement. When my dad was a Macomb Sheriff he used to carry .357 shells that had a small capsule of soft pellets mounted on the end of the case, they carried these shells for this exact reason. Mabey he was just following protocol but I would think if the cop would have just used his pistol with a singal bullet to the heart there would have been less suffering and the hollow point should not ricochet.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
If you in fact were drinking and driving you should count yourself lucky to be typing on a keyboard right now. Drinking and driving around is a real bad idea and to admit it on the internet isn't such a great one either. But since you do please next time you go out drinking and cruising around please post it here so I make sure to avoid that area so you don't hit my car or worse. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
wtf..

·
Registered
691 Posts
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Nov 9 2009, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well you know people on the internet... it's automatically the worst case scenario when you mention you had some drinks and drove or took the boat out.

yes, that was pretty much my point.
I know Matt does not drink and drive but his post made it seem like he does.
He is a great kid

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
QUOTE(fishermatt1 @ Nov 8 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...driving home from night of partying at 330-345am seen a big body spike sitting on the side of the bridge. He was suffering from a car accident which was no where in site. Had to do a turn around to make sure i saw what i saw after a night of drinking...

Regarding the drinking and driving "issue" - I took it as he was, based on the above comments, and hoped he was smarter than to call a cop when he was drunk
but then I did assume he was sober based on that...

As far as the deer, what a shameful way to dispatch him - seems like it would have been easier to just cut his throat? I know that sounds not too nice, but it's effective and immediate - unless he was thrashing and dangerous. If the cop had the authority to discharge his shotgun several times he should have been able to use his pistol?

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
On a side note my brotherlaw in kentucky got called out to a down deer that was on the side of the road. He shot at it yes i said shot at it at 5 yards with his 9mm and missed the first shot and had to shoot again.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
From what a friend of mine told me that is a macomb county deputy, any time they discharge any weapon they have to fill out a report what the weapon was used for. Maybe the officer was a hunter and knew this is a shotgun only zone.LOL

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Nov 9 2009, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>From what a friend of mine told me that is a macomb county deputy, any time they discharge any weapon they have to fill out a report what the weapon was used for. Maybe the officer was a hunter and knew this is a shotgun only zone.LOL

rofl .....if i were him i would have pick a crossbow after all we are zone 3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts