Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frineds who are there to help winterize the Boat None

It seems all my Friends "the ones spilling my beer and don't have any gas money (my boat burns one gallon a minute) are all busy watching TV or washing there hair or going shopping. But the weakest story was My Aunt is going to die soon , this person told me the same thing last year, but I asked this person to help me three weeks in advance" He might Die before his Aunt

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Oct 6 2003, 09:46 AM)Did you get a decent amount of gas money from these same people over the summer?
This Summer my gas bill was $2850 I have a 350 gallon tank and I was offered a $5 bill once. I was nice and said you might need that to buy more beer than that 24 oz tall boy you bought. Chris (Giggles) gave me a buffet ticket that was awesome. I received a big fat Zero.

SLOW EDDIE (aka Fast EDDIE) is allways great he opens his truck and always pull out 5 cases of beer so he can have a seat any time and P-29 is awesome.

BUT that completes the list can't of things If someone else remembers they gave me something I would be surprized and shocked.

Gas $2850
Donations $ 0
Balance $2850

It's not the money I've got that
it's the help putting it away and the lies

I busy
My aunt is dieing
got to cut the grass
I've got to wash my car
I'm cleaning my room
It's laundry day
I've got to baby sit a friends kid.
I've got an oil change apiontment

I asked these people to help me on Sept.25 and said I'm giving you 2 weeks notice.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Typical Bullsh!t, sounds like you need to tell these people "no more boat rides," maybe they'll change their tune.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Boy I` sure glad I didn`t go out on your baot this summer cry baby!! <_< Why don`t you fill the gas tanks up with tears!!

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Peg, I think I'm guilty, I don't think I gave any $$$ that day you took us to the airshow, and I also don't think I gave BTenn any when we were out on his boat. We did bring lots of beer, but anyway, if either of you have malfunctions/breakdowns etc. with your boat you are always welcome on mine free of charge. We have to make our running boats available first to those that lent a helping hand when we had the bad luck of engine problems. The land lovers - now thats a different story.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hey Paul I've never winterized my boat myself, but if you need some help with anything I will give you a hand. I work until 4:00 on Friday and noon on Saturday. Just let me know.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Paul, let me know when your gonna witerize, if you didnt already.
I was helping hammer sunday do his winterizing.
I can help you, but you know my hours mon-fri.....

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Ahh friends....

Thankfully we have some great friends and they've been very helpful when we've needed it.

Anyone is welcome to come along with us if we're going out. We don't ask for gas money, already going out, just ask them to bring whatever they're drinking. Food, we usually have enough, but most bring stuff with them. Also, don't consider us a taxi service. We go out, plan on staying out all day, possibly all night. You're on our time!

I just had this conversation with Evil & Wetbar yesterday!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not about the money. If you went for one boat ride or two thats would be ok or if you are a lady.

But I had some passengers who went 10 to 15 times and could help with things but they just lie over and over.

I busy
My aunt is dieing
got to cut the grass
I've got to wash my car
I'm cleaning my room
It's laundry day

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
10 summers with a boat.
2 summers with help when putting it away.
I still love "my fair weather friends" too because it's the only way to sort out just who is who.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Hmmmmm . . . I could use some help with the $20,000+ I spent this year REFRESHING my INSTIGATOR . . . that I didn't even get to use, yet! I never considered hitting up the 100's of people I took for rides! Thanks for the idea!

Honestly though, it has always been considered 'Captains Courtesy' not to expect contributions from fellow boat owners in distress (boat not running) or just plain invited, though you ALWAYS bring food & drink for the hosting crew.

HOWEVER, those who are NOT Captains are ALWAYS expected to contribute!!

Pegleg . . . I always get a kick out of the $5-10 offers. Even though it IS SOMETHING, I always shoot back a sarcastic remark like: "Thanks! That just about covered STARTING the PORT motor!"

Oh yeah, then there's the sign I rec'd one year that says: "THIS BOAT RUNS ON GAS, NOT THANKS!"

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(captpeglegg @ Oct 6 2003, 10:16 AM)It's not about the money. If you went for one boat ride or two thats would be ok or if you are a lady. A lady with really big boobies, and theirs a posability that I might latch on to them and that lady might enjoy a heaping bowl of Swannys sweet love Soup.

But I had some passengers who went 10 to 15 times and could help with things but they just lie over and over.

I busy
My aunt is dieing
got to cut the grass
I've got to wash my car
I'm cleaning my room
It's laundry day
Pegleg you know Im there for you, your a good friend and I love love you like a brother.
But seriosly our Aunt Bertha is dieing and its really sad that you cant make it to the hospital.

Ive fished the hole year practically by myself, Ill be winterizing my boat by myself, how ever if I had guests who are always their for the fun but never to contribute or help. Id kick'em in the nuts.

Pegleg throws wild partys by land, sea or Big RED Bus. With good reason he expects you to either put in or put out.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(soosassy @ Oct 6 2003, 10:15 AM)Ahh friends....

Thankfully we have some great friends and they've been very helpful when we've needed it.

Anyone is welcome to come along with us if we're going out. We don't ask for gas money, already going out, just ask them to bring whatever they're drinking. Food, we usually have enough, but most bring stuff with them. Also, don't consider us a taxi service. We go out, plan on staying out all day, possibly all night. You're on our time!

I just had this conversation with Evil & Wetbar yesterday!
Soosassy the point to this story is not about money it's about at the end of the season you find thoose passengers you helped make a mess and trash the carpet, stain the sheets and tell you could you go out to your boat this week like today (tues.) and get my $1.99 sunglasses I left behind and drop them off at my house that is totally out of your way because I miss them. Or I left my favorite lighter behind could you drop everything and get it today I realize you keep your in algonac.

So If you are saying I'm a baby I'll give these people your number and you might think twice.

As again stated It's the lies.

I own the BRB and we pass the hat but when the $550 break job was done last week did I pass the hat NO.

When the bus is trashed with spilled beer and the coolers are dirty or I fill the tank do you here me cry. It's about the lies. So take thoose liers on your boat.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Goose @ Oct 6 2003, 10:05 AM)Peg, I think I'm guilty, I don't think I gave any $$$ that day you took us to the airshow, and I also don't think I gave BTenn any when we were out on his boat. We did bring lots of beer, but anyway, if either of you have malfunctions/breakdowns etc. with your boat you are always welcome on mine free of charge. We have to make our running boats available first to those that lent a helping hand when we had the bad luck of engine problems. The land lovers - now thats a different story.
one boat ride not worried it's the people who went all summer and lied to me at the end. they would ask me to wait for them and then say I didn't have time to stop for beer again ( third time this month) ouch

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I feel for you...Tango and myself always try to give money, usually most don't take it,we bring beer and lord knows that he will always help fix, repair or even plain maintain a buddies boat. When our boat was in we didn't expect gas, but bring your choice of alcohol, some food if you want...but usually have enough. Only condition is your on our time. And don't put burn holes in the cushions. When we had to pull it out and do all the stringers and fiberglass...only one of our friends came out to help...once. Might have been in sooner if we did have the help..instead it took three years .Definately sucks. There are boaters, and then there are convienience boaters.

I am sure if you give tango a call he would help you winterize. Maybe next year you can come out on our boat, sit back and relax and just be the GUEST

1 - 20 of 46 Posts