Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I dont "normally" advertise here but with the questions I am getting emailed to me I will post this...

Yes there will be a "tube rod" combo this year on sale. The rod is either a 7' Meduim or Med. Light action Classic Series Graphite Tube Rod paired with a Pfluger or XPS Extreme spinning reel (reel value is $49.99 on sale), all for the low price of $84.88 available in limited quantities. Yes the All Star lifetime warranty applies to that rod (as with ALL other All Star Rods).

See you at BPS, I may even do some product seminars on Sunday!

Mini

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
On friday ONLY,..as a favor to Mini,...I'll be doing rod handle graphics on any All Star rod as well as the BPS labeled rods.
But that's friday ONLY,......saturday and sunday it will be on BPS labeled rods only!! If you want a cool graphic and your name on the rod handle...free of charge,....stop by the BPS Spring Classic thurs pm and all day fri-sun. But the All Star rod promotion is on FRIDAY only!!!...Hope to see you there!!!
Mac

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The All Star rod combo is on slae now until they are gone. The Bill Mac drawing on the rod handle will be Friday only.

BTW Bill you are getting some good press in the Boathouse board....

Mini

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mac,

Do I gotta buy a rod to get your graphic??? I got about 60 of em already and don't know that the wifey will be receptive to another purchase??

Dave

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Dave,...bring one or two in thursday night if you want,..I'll hook you up!!
I'll be there from 3pm-9pm. Seeya there!!

Mac

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
yes...thursday the 13th...sorry for the confusion!! Seeya there dude!!
Mac

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Mac,

I had heard that BPS was running out of some stuff already and so I went in today and bought a couple Walleye Angler Signature Series rods for jigging on the Detroit River. Can I bring them back in on one of the Classic days next week and have them done?

I wanted to pick up a new Mitchel 300X Gold spinning reel with a 6.0 ratio for cranking but they were all sold out this morning. I talked to one of the guys on the floor and he said that a shipment ment for the store for the Classic mistakenly went to the wearhouse in Missouri so they arn't going to have all the stuff they were supposed to have. Had you heard that?

Jim

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Jim,...sure,..bring them back in....BPS is expecting a "TRUCK LOAD" of more stock no later than thursday of this week,..so the stock should be just fine for this weekend.....I know "TopWater's" coming over on friday for some JLM reels and they're on thursday's truck!! Seeya soon!!

Mac

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Thanks Mac, see you on Friday. I plan on taking in a few seminars that day. I really want to see Mini at work. I have a bit to learn about smally fishing. Gotta catch Musky Bob too just in case I accidently hook into another one of his "pets".

Jim

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hello Anglers,

Every night back stock is put out. So check every day!

I work at BPS and was told that a truck will be arriving sometime Tues. if this changes I'll post more info. When I say truck, I mean a truck! a Semi load from front to back from the bed to the roof.

Doug

·
Registered
927 Posts
dang, you all work at bps? where do i sign up. i was going to apply for a position there but they said it only pays like $7 something an hour. not enough to pay the bills. what do you guys do? if you dont mind me askin.

madman himself

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hey Guys a truck was unloaded last night, another will be at the store sometime this afternoon.

Madman,

I love the outdoors! I love Ducks, Fish, Ducks, Pheasants, Ducks and FISH. They pay me to talk to my friends about hunting and fishing, yes I have to sell once in a while but that's just a minor problem. Just Kidding.

In my past I owned a Jewelry business and I also sold metal Stamping presses. The Jewelry business required me to miss STEELHEAD and half of my DUCK season. The money was great but not worth missing another outdoor adventure. The Stamping business was great also, buckets of cash but I had to be in Mexico this week, next week in Canada, the following week Ohio, Kentucky, Tennesse, Indiana and maybe if I had time Georgia or Alabama. I couldn't plan a hunt or a fishing day because I had no idea as to what part of the World I would be in at any given day. I like what I'm doing now.

Money or BPS.....money or BPS ok, I'll take BPS! Truthfully I have never worked at a place like this, I love going to work every day! I learn something new each day from guys like yourself that come in and share your latest adventure. It's a winner for me!

I think the best part of the day is listening to the "Man, I really screwed up stories" One guy jumped over a creek only to lose his balance and fall backwards into the creek. The stories I hear in many cases are so funny and unfortunatly not meant to put on this forum but they do make the day burn up.

Doug

·
Registered
718 Posts
Mini,

I spoke to a man that purchased two All Star rods this past weekend, he purchased them because of the talk on the sites, GREAT JOB!

Now for the bad news, he had only one registration form and he purchased two rods. I told him it was no problem and you would take care of getting him another registration form. That really wasn't bad news was it?

Can you BOLDLY put your times at the store again so this fellow angler can speak with you?

Doug

·
Registered
927 Posts
doug,

sounds great. i have always wanted to work there, or gander mountain before bps opened. i had an offer for gander mountain one time. i was in ther buying some things and i got to talking with another customer. he was asking me for advice on a good rod and reel and some lures. i ended up talking the guy into buying 2 st croix legends, 2 shimano reels, and about $150 in tackle and line. the guy working that area got his boss and they came over to talk to me and offered me a job, but at the time i was making $14/hr and there was no way they could match that. now i am in a position where i have to have money coming in. to support my tournament habit and keep the girlfriend happy. i was considering applying for maybe a weekend position. after tournament hours of course. whenever i go to bps, i usually end spending a good couple of hours there anyway and spending alot of money. might as well try and get payed for it. do they have positions for weekends? say like 5 pm - close on saturdays and mornings til whenever on sundays?

madman himself

·
Registered
718 Posts
Madman,

That is exactly how I started working there. I was at the store so much even the associate's asked which department did I work in.

Look me up when you come to the store this weekend, I'll be at my booth and interviewing the pro's to find out how they want to be introduced for their portion of the seminar. BPS hired GNT to do the M.C part of the seminars. It is real nice having the support of BPS like we have. At points I'll be running from the stage to a pro then back to the stage so if you see me, just grab my arm and say "Hey Barney what's happening." Barney was a name, I think given by that hateful artist Mac! Long story but I'll explain it when I see you.

Doug

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
...Hey,...I didn't have anything to do with that name,...I think it was endowed to you by our late great friend Mr. Purvey!! He's the one who mentioned it to me, and I just laughed my ar$$ off at the "visual",...but I was not the originator of the name! (Doggonit,..it is PERFECT though!!..LOL)

Mac

1 - 20 of 21 Posts