Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on people. Get excited. Plenty of responses about low lake levels and high prices of slips. how about some positive talk here.
Not one other response about the June Poker Run? You know, it's not just for GO-Fast's you know? The minimum requirement for your boat is 25'. SIgn up have some fun.

And, stop all this downer talk. Last I knew the channels were 30' to 50' deep. Plenty of depth for me. I for one am gonna have the best boating year of my life.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor253 @ Apr 18 2003, 08:32 AM)Come on people. Get excited. Plenty of responses about low lake levels and high prices of slips. how about some positive talk here.
Not one other response about the June Poker Run? You know, it's not just for GO-Fast's you know? The minimum requirement for your boat is 25'. SIgn up have some fun.

And, stop all this downer talk. Last I knew the channels were 30' to 50' deep. Plenty of depth for me. I for one am gonna have the best boating year of my life.

Really...I DID Not Know That!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
I for one could care less if people are doom and gloom about it. It's not going to change the fact that the levels will most likely be up over last year (in my opinion).

And if they aren't? I'll be staying just off the North Channel, so you're right Convincor, there's plenty of water up there. We'll just have to find a new hangout if Muskamoot ends up too shallow (which, again, I don't think will happen).

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I myself am looking forward to the best summer, so far on the lake for me, this year!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Not quite sure why sharing slip prices would be construed to be negative. Knowledge is power. Comparing slip prices is no different than sharing the prices at the gas docks. As for the lake levels, in the last thirty five years I've been boating I've seen them approach record lows and highs, all it is, is a change of scene. Areas that were formerly too low to anchor and party in are just fine now, i.e Sand Island, three yeatrs from now we'll be back in Little Muscamoot where I suspect a number of our members have never been. The water goes down, there's more Gull Island. It goes down some more and the two islands east of the entrance to the cutoff will be out of the water. Back in the sixties they were a very popular place. Roll with the punches, go with the flow and bend with the wind. Above all have a good time on one of Detroit's most precious recreational resources and stop worrying about it.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Well Convincor, these days I'm built more for comfort than speed. Just went through three economically devastating years and will need to baby the boat this year. It's twelve years old now and odd things are beginning to fail. Can't afford any major repairs this year, as in outdrive. I do however intend, as always, to be out on the weekends and am looking forward to seeing a lot of the members I met at the end of last season and meeting the folks that have joined our group since. With all the people at Beacon Cove we should plan a BBQ or something to kick off the beginning of the season. Everyone could get to know each other before it gets in full swing and we'd be easy to find as opposed to the expanse of the lake. We could use the point where there's plenty of parking, picnic tables and BBQs. Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Apr 18 2003, 01:07 PM)I myself am looking forward to the best summer, so far on the lake for me, this year!

100 % agree

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That would be awesome. I know JabberJaws, and he is in Beacon. So I think he would be able to get me in there to party and BBQ with you all.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Convincor 253
I Think we need a contast ?When will the water level hit for the first TIME BLACK ? WINNER GETS LSCN HAT ? Rules 2 days 3 days or 1 week ? For the none beleavers ?? JUST IDEA . I think it will be fun...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hey convincor! Cant do the poker dont meet the length requirements! but on another note i guess i can put the snowmobiles away and get the boat movin

·
Registered
954 Posts
Got the running on the hoist today. Then had to go to Dinner for Easter. If it is not raining when I get off work tomorrow I will get the first run of the season in. Poker run or not being out on the water is my passion,My better 1/2 loves this time of year too. She just got ONE of her new Swim Suit for the summer. We are geeked about the up coming warm weather. Tuesday it's time to go to Markley's and get my brothers boat moved into his well. Life is good.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Looking forward to the Best Boating Season ever!

First season with my second boat (240 Sea Ray OV), i've been without for over 2 years now. But never without a ride!

I'll be at Beacon Cove also I-13. Would love to try and coordinate a BBQ there to meet eveyone else from the board at the marina.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm keeping track of everyone at beacon cove. Sounds like I dock has a lot of members. I was in I-1 last year, but will be in a rack this year, so we might need a dock or two to hang out on. Also, I will give free beer to whoever lets me use their grill!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Budcouch,
I am in the rack as well. Really like it in there. Boat stays clean and dry. Brian and Larry take good care of those boats in there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts