Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Jack's tonight, had a pretty good time. I'm buzzed while I type this so I expect some leeway. It's good to not be in a bad relationship. But year after year, day after day, it get's OLD.

I have lots of friends, family, old boyfriends calling for a "re-tap" but its not the same as knowing that when you go to bed at night, someone loves you. If anyone can share these thoughts, add you comments, I can relate, brother/sister!!!

Otherwise, I sound like a blithering fool. No need to respond.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
uhhhh girl......I was there too at Jack's at home feeling VERY buzzed......yes you are a blithering fool but we all are at some point and it's a good thing. I'm trying to figure out the "retap" comment not sure what that means, probably cause I'm BUZZED...I can only say that one person fur sure loves you when you go to bed and that's God and well Jesus if you believe in him.....So anyways that's my 02. As far as the rest uhhhhh no comment......

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
ok-I am 100 percent sober typing this...for the record...

at this moment I believe that it is better to be loved in unique ways by all of your friends and family, by your children, by the people that STAY in your life and stick by you...this "love" thing hurts too much, especially when your heart gets yanked from your chest at the blink of an eye...

I guess tonight it's nice knowing that I am loved despite my shortfalls, by the people that love me just the way I am...
that when the going gets tough, one thing remains...you'll always have your friends and family.

And my spirit is free.

P.S. Blondestreak - dammit why did you start this thread?
and is one of the old boyfriend who I think it is??? he he

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I have been in a relationship for the past 13 years. And while I am gone this weekend it is coming to an end. When I return she will have moved out of the house. I don't know if I will like the loneliness, as I hate to be alone!
So if you are in a relationship, try your hardest to keep it going! I tried my hardest to keep this one going and it isn't working out.
Just my .02 worth!

Good luck out there!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
You guys...we are a big family now!!!!!

We are here for each other....

Don't EVER let feelings get in the way of who you are....

You are you and that is special. You are a great person. You have a lot to share with all of us!

I have made it through some tough times (whether you have realized it or not) with the help and kind words you have all shared!

Things will get better! There is a master plan for you. Day by day. Greet each sunrise as a new beginning.

I am very greatful to my new found friends!

You and I are not alone!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
This is the greatest buch of people I know!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
BlondeStreak.......let it out! Everybody is there for you.

Relationships are a b1tch and a lot of work. If you aren't happy, then you need to sit down and think about what would make you happy and go in that direction. If someone isn't there for you, they never will be and you can't change them.

I wish you well .....Hope to see you tomorrow!

·
Registered
306 Posts
QUOTE(BlondeStreak @ Jul 2 2003, 10:34 PM)Went to Jack's tonight, had a pretty good time. I'm buzzed while I type this so I expect some leeway. It's good to not be in a bad relationship. But year after year, day after day, it get's OLD.

I have lots of friends, family, old boyfriends calling for a "re-tap" but its not the same as knowing that when you go to bed at night, someone loves you. If anyone can share these thoughts, add you comments, I can relate, brother/sister!!!

Otherwise, I sound like a blithering fool. No need to respond.
I know what your talking about, I hate being alone, while I know my ex it out their doing whatever, with who every, I am not.. Its just very hard to be alone sometimes..

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
interesting topic....

Most of the time I am quite content with my alone life. I've never been one to date for the hell of it... Well one time I had to, just to learn how to date after coming out of a 12 year relationship. Can't stand the pretenses of it, though. Love the freedom of being with whom I choose and for how long I want to be out and no ties what so ever... but, there are times I yearn for the myth of a happy relationship. Somebody to call that can read my mood before I get words out of my mouth, somebody's eyes to peer into and know that he is just perfect for me and more importantly, I am for him. Somebody to give and receive freely with no fighting for once!!! Somebody to laugh with and share family and friend moments with. Somebody to go to the opera one night, a concert another, a movie at home another and boating another... that shares the wide variety of interests in the world with me.

However, I'm 30 and have not yet run across this speciman one time!!! Hence, the myth!
And so thankfully my life is full in many other ways and I do not search for a person, only experiences and people in general.

Oh, yeah: Trust, communication and CHEMISTRY must exist.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Guys!!! Being alone is really good for you. Being able to figure out who you are and what you want out of life is sooo important and you can't always do it when you are with someone. Your vision gets blurred by the other persons views. You are who you are because you have had this time and next time around you will make smarter choices and find a better man. I know it sucks sometimes, but in the end, you will look back and be thankful for this time. Being able to be alone is being self confident and knowing what you want and not settling. I know you could have a guy right now if you wanted, but you chose not to because he or any of them haven't been the right guy! Believe me, I've had my share of bad relationships. I had to really take some time for myself and figure out my life and rethink my "picking up guys" strategy. Once I did that, I got really lucky!!!!!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Jul 3 2003, 12:26 AM)I have been in a relationship for the past 13 years. And while I am gone this weekend it is coming to an end. When I return she will have moved out of the house. I don't know if I will like the loneliness, as I hate to be alone!
So if you are in a relationship, try your hardest to keep it going! I tried my hardest to keep this one going and it isn't working out.
Just my .02 worth!

Good luck out there!
I also hate being alone...but, my friends and rellies keep trying to fix me up with different people and some of them I just won't go out with after meeting them and 10 minutes of conversation. My buds yell at me and say " wouldn't you rather be going out with someone your not crazy about than not at all?" and I tell them no! they just don't get it, for me as lonely as it gets sometimes, I don't want to be with the "wrong" person because I'm lonely, it's all about the fireworks, the conversations, the company of the right people. Take it from my experience, if you're in a relationship that is not working out or that one of you isn't happy, neither one of you can mold that person to being happy. Run don't walk and keep your eyes and ears open, you'll hear your song playing and when it feels right, it'll be right. OK I 've blathered enough, party on

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(Saleena362 @ Jul 3 2003, 12:08 AM)ok-I am 100 percent sober typing this...for the record...

at this moment I believe that it is better to be loved in unique ways by all of your friends and family, by your children, by the people that STAY in your life and stick by you...this "love" thing hurts too much, especially when your heart gets yanked from your chest at the blink of an eye...

I guess tonight it's nice knowing that I am loved despite my shortfalls, by the people that love me just the way I am...
that when the going gets tough, one thing remains...you'll always have your friends and family.

And my spirit is free.

P.S. Blondestreak - dammit why did you start this thread?
and is one of the old boyfriend who I think it is??? he he
"I guess tonight it's nice knowing that I am loved despite my shortfalls, by the people that love "

Not despite, BECAUSE OF. Thats what makes you , you! I don't think you have shortfalls. You have quirks.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Man, you guys are DEEP!

Seriously, there are some great words of encouragement here. As usual. This group is cool like that.

GROUP HUG!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
QUOTE(BlondeStreak @ Jul 2 2003, 11:34 PM)I have lots of friends, family, old boyfriends calling for a "re-tap"
I just want to know who the family members are that are calling you for a "re-tap"?
(Sorry...I had too)

No but for real a lot of times I hate being single....but than there are those when I call a friend and he says....he can't come out and play he has to (fill in the blank) Those are the days I like to be single. I can do what I want when I want.......wait maybe that's what gets me in trouble.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Kinda in the same boat (pun intended) and I truely believe everything starts with being happy with yourself. IMO, nobody else can make you happy except yourself, it is an attitude not a condition based on outside influence. Others can add/accent, but the basis starts with you. If things can get "old" with yourself, the same can happen with a relationship. Maybe take this time as Moneyshot says to understand and be ready for something unexpected that might come your way.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
No comment on this one. To be honest I feel totally hollow on this subject. In the end I feel it's so easy for people who are in a relationship or just married to whip that advise out and say "RAH RAH Come on guys and gals suck it up, life turns out all hunky dory once you just learn to love yourself, be at peace and blahblahblah"! Unfortunately, the people who do seem to find that "thing" for the most part in my experience have given up the "real" dream and in effect sold their affections. I think that I can honestly say that I know only one or two couples together for reasons other than convenience, security, and complacency. Pauline you are so right when you say "MYTH". But I do believe that lightning "can" strike and you can meet someone who provides that something that you really yearn for deep inside your being. You can call them soulmates if you will, but unfortunately life often gets in the way of you being with them.

For anyone who thinks that's not the case, all I can say is that's reality. And if you try and rebut it I say "Whatever"!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.