Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Was down there about a month and a half ago. Didn't have any problems and they still put the money in the box, so it is still trustworthy I guess? (no one's hooked a chain to it yet). We never had a problem there. We have even been in after dark, and the worst thing for us was a guy came by with some crackhead girl, and they asked us if we wanted a date?

Said dates give me the $--t$
, asked if they had any apples instead. They drove off.

If you go, standing at the top of the ramp and facing the water, go to the left, take 1st right, next left, and next left to get to the river. It's the best way out. Watch the fishing lines of the guys on shore, sometimes takes a little manuvering to get around them without snagging a rod into the drink. If that happens, then it is advised to come in another way.

Keep your eyes open, and don't get into too much small talk with anyone not pulling a trailer, just short liners, and a yeah or no to be nice, but not too much to have them size you up or feel you up and determine you are an easy target or naive, But don't be a joe bad butt and tick them off. Just act street smart and attentive of your surroundings.

Handliners are doing ok, fishing from about 8pm until 12-1 am for walleyes. Belle Isle to the Delphine. My buddy hasn't called me back yet with an update, but when he does, I'll PM you. Best daytime fishing is in the spring. White bass and Sheepshead might be in there now.
Good luck

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
No problems for me, but my car and trailer look like they fit right in, and I live in the city, so the area looks nice to me... except for the burned-out marina.

Lots of fish around there, both in the river and the lower lake. ><{{{{{{*>

Thanks for the "heads up" on the hydroplane races. If I head out I'll be fishing the lower lake if I launch from there anyway. Races are on the US side of Belle Isle, downriver from the Roostertail for any who are wondering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts