Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were anchored in Poor Mans on Sunday. I went for a little walk away from the boat. Looked down and what did I see? A mask laying on the bottom and right next to it a 12" KNIFE! That would have messed somebodys day up. I am a believer. Wear those aqua socks.

·
Registered
22,944 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 20 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Diving would be fun, but it might make you think twice after you see some of the things underwater.
Just the tackle I've donated to the fishing Gods alone makes me wear water shoes all the time.
I caught some tackle with my anchor. It looked under size, so I threw it back.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
A 12 inch knife? omg....I hope you got that up out of the sand....I can't even begin to wonder how someone dropped that in the drink. I don't think water shoes or crocks would have stopped it from going through someones foot. Weekdays are best for treasure hunting.

·
Vendor
12,828 Posts
I found a pretty good size knife on Gull Island a few years back. Quite scary thought of someone cutting up their feet on an open knife let alone broken up booze glass all over the place. But I guess busting up glass bottle belongs on the island since so many knowledgeable people visit the island and leave this stuff there every weekend...

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
did you pull it out? contact authorities?
that could have been used to kill someone and they ditched it. even if thats a stretch, i hope you didnt leave it

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Y'know, when The Admiral and I cruised out to Gull week-before-last, for the first time, I just put down the swim ladder and stepped off. Never gave it a second thought. Then, after damaging the bottom of our hull on God-knows-what, leaving Belvidere Bay a few days later, and somebody telling me that people used to dump all manner of things in that bay, I got to thinking: Maybe it isn't wise to wander on the lake-bottom bare-footed?

So do all of you Experienced In The Ways Of The Lake tend to wear something on your feet when you're in the water?

Jim

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
QUOTE(garry454 @ Jul 20 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bare feet... I know I should wear shoes out there, but I can't stand them on my feet!! Just walk slowly..

Same here. I tread very lightly walking. I feel with every step before I put my whole foot down.

I should wear shoes though.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Always wear my crocks. Seen way too much glass pulled up in the moot and it's getting worse. Somebody saw bottles floating in Poor Mans after the fireworks. What the heck's wrong with people?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We weren't there 10 minutes and we found two masks and a knife. I pulled the knife out and threw it away. (pulled the masks out too) Scared the hell out of me to tell you the truth. I had my water shoes on but do not usually wear them. They will always be on my feet now. Its just scary to think what is in there.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
My first guess would be since you found a mask and a knife, they probably belonged to a diver. Divers sometimes carry a knife in case they have to cut themselves free if they get caught on something. It doesn't sound like a common area to dive, though.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
It depends on where we are at, if we are in Goose Bay, most of the time not, but most everywhere else I do. I didn't on Sunday when we ventured over to the gauntlet and felt uncomfortable not having them on so I didn't walk around too much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.