Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE(motocross269 @ Jul 29 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am thinking about fishing the LSC BFL as a boater....It sounds like they are way Co-angler heavy and If I sign up as a boater I may be able to get 2 more guys out fishing.....(I will drop from a co and move to a boater)

I have fished as a Co angler in the BFLs off and on for 3 years..I have been lucky enough to draw great boaters on LSC and cashed checks 2 years in a row....
I won my club tournament a week ago with 18.5, I had a little help finding a great area, but was able to narrow it down and produce a fair sack...
I have been fishing as a boater in my Club for 2 years....
I live close to LSC so have started to gain some solid big water driving experience over the last 2 years....
I have a 97 20 ft Jag that is super clean and pretty much like new...It has run pretty solid so far with no problems and livewells and pumps all work well..(It is carbed so it can be a little cold blooded) It is set up for big water with a 52 inch trolling motor and is equipped with 2 Lowrance X28cs
My concerns are my area has seemed to have dried up some..I will need to spend some time on the water and hope that I can put something together by next week...I should be able to do that..I have a day or two off coming...
I just don't want to screw some Co that is in the points race if the fish that I have fall apart or I fail to put something together....
I have only been able to fish 3 BFLs a year for the last couple of years due to the economy, but hope to move up to the boater side full time when things turn around a bit...
Your thoughts??

Hey Motocross269,

If you have a sound rig that will adequatley support two fishermen in space and livewell capacity, and have the confidence to want to fish as a boater, then why not go for it! Remember, co-anglers are co-anglers for a reason....either they do not have a boat and want to fish a tournament at this level, or they do not want to use their own boat for some reason. That said, I wouldn't worry about it. Your not being hired as their private guide so your not obligated to put your co-angler on fish (although having fish does work in your favor), and fishing's fishing. You can hammer them one day and then find yourself wondering if there are any fish in the lake on the next. Nothing's guarenteed and this happens to even the pros! So quite thinking about it, and get your rig ready and go fishing!

Have Fun and Good luck!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.