Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking for a pro to take me under his wing for any and/or all MI tournaments. My name is Derek I am 22 and I am getting serious about fishing, but I don't have anybody to teach me what I need to know to excell. I live in Gibraltar MI so somebody close would be prefered. I appreciate you taking your time to read this forum.

[email protected]

Sincerely,
Derek Kersten

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Derek,
You can always ask questions on this board until you find someone. Lot's of BFL anglers on the board. Most of us will help out with some mentoring.

Post on the BFL site (under Discussions) too if you're looking for a boater to sign up with for the BFL. Gives you another chance to hook up (no pun intended) with someone.

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Derek,

I recomend the American Bass Anglers trail. The ABA has room for both boaters and non-boaters alike. Many of the members on the District 7 Trail are very helpfull and friendly. As a Non-boater you would get the opportunity to ride around with some excellent fishermen, learning from each and every one of them. The ABA trail has over 200,000 in cash and prizes at our national event. We give away 3 TR-21 Triton Bass Boats as our top 3 prizes. One is just plain luck of the draw. You never know you could be that lucky fishermen who walks away with a 45,000 Triton boat loaded with sponsors gear.

Check us out at www.americanbassanglers.com

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Derek,
The Oakland Bassmasters of Michigan Club has openings(Boater & non-boater). I think there are a few members in the club that live by you also. They are based out of Oakland County and have meetings Monthy(2nd Sunday of the month).
It`s a great way to learn diffrent techqs. for fishing and a great group of guys to learn from.I started fishing with the club back 20 years ago not knowing much about bass fishing it is a GREAT way to become a better angler. They also have OPEN tournaments through the year that you can put-in to fish.
If your just starting out join a culb,there is nothing better to assist you with all the fundmentals of fishin!
You can look on their web site [www.oaklandbassmasters.com] for a application or contact Roy Randolph on this page and he will contact someone to send you a application for the club.
Good luck & tight-lines RK

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ditto on the club recommendation. One club that is close to you is SEMBA, they are based out of Monroe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts