Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Oh boat we've missed you so - but we're glad you're back home safely. I know you'd rather be in rack storage with your other boat buddy mr. checkmate, who by the way, is missing you too! or flying free on the waters of Lake St. Clair or sitting at the Moot with the gas powered blender on your swim platform, but I hope you're feeling a little better now that at least you're finally back with your rightful owners.

I swear we will never ever send you away again to that lying stinking no phone caller returner backer mechanic wanna be
up in WI where he used and abused you, brought strangers on board and took you out in unknown waters just for the fun of it - just because you were an "out of towner boat" - they thought we'd never know!.. (I bet they didn't even have enough courtesy to take off their shoes, did they?) - I know those people didn't take care of you like we do, I can tell by the nicks and scrapes and dents that you now adorn and never had before you left us. I promise too that we will get your original parts back, you know, the lowers that were taken off without our permission and never returned - they can't pull an old switcharoony on us oh boat, (like they thought they could actually could get away with it!)....your customs don't belong on any other boat but you boat, even if it means banging on each and every pawn shop store window myself - they will be returned. I'm so sorry that you were gone 8 weeks longer than was promised and I hope you never once thought we intentionally abandoned you. I assure you sweet boat, we did anything and everything in our power to get you back again as soon as we could …we really did.

For today dear boat, I just want you to sit there on your trailer while we fix you up and make you feel better again… we're going to wash you and wax you and load you up with all your necessities and get you all ready for your big 2004 debut on the lake tomorrow…

… See you guys at the moot!!!!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
at least there is a happy homecoming.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
was boat stolen? or bad storage arrangements?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not stolen no... we sent it up to WI for the winter - for indoor storage and the guy - (who is the guy that originally sold it to Jon) was to work on it then (indoors) and tweak a few things.... other than that, everything was fine before we sent it there. Really, it should never have been a big deal getting it back at all and was told it would be here May 1st. I guess the guy is in way over his head right now ... promises promises.... ya know??...

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the lowers that I was talking about .... were custom ones. The mechanic switched ours out with different ones (that don't have vents) - and sold them, instead of using them and putting in spacers.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I understand somewhat about bad mechanic experiences.. Beacon Cove service did a real number on my boat, and had to rebuild my engine and it was still not right. it was mostly right, but they forgot little things.. like to reset the timing, hook up a wire from my alternator, which in turn didn't allow my choke to work correctly, and batteries to charge properly...

Thanks to forking out more money to Dynamic Speed they found these problems and it runs like a champ right now. I didn't want those other clowns touching my boat again.. they scare me.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
taking a day off, taking care of some stuff around the house.
we were out last night and are going out tommorow.

also, we have a 21 month old who probably does not like to be trapped on a boat all the time.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Kristin, at least the ordeal is over and she is home, we'll see you on Thursday!

If there is anything I can do about the WI thing, tell Jon to give me a shout.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Congrat's on the boat getting back safely. Hope everything is a go for jobbienooner C-girl! Because your a$$ bess me there with me my friend!

Rock on girly girl!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear all that! Did you get everything back from the guy? Did you still have to pay him?

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
ah HA! then that WAS you guys i saw yesterday!

my brother & i were taking his boat from the canal he keeps it (venice shores) to the south river launch to trailer up north this weekend. as we're coming in, this purdy white/yellow go fast was crossing in front of us and i SWEAR this girl looked like pauligan, and i'm like, 'i think that was pauline!' and my brother was like, 'hey, i'm just trying to get to the dock, man.' then i saw a girl come up from under and i was like, 'dang! i should have yelled: it was them!'

so anyways, i saw you guys going in towards bumpers about 6:30 sunday night. we were on this-a boat:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jun 19 2004, 02:30 PM)I know you'd rather be in rack storage with your other boat buddy mr. checkmate, who by the way, is missing you too! or flying free on the waters of Lake St. Clair or sitting at the Moot with the gas powered blender on your swim platform
I beg to differ that Mr. Checkmate is out flying free on the waters of Lake St. Clair or sitting at the Moot with the gas powered blender on your swim platform.

Saw Joe at the end of the day but Mr. Checkmate wasn't anywhere to be seen.
I think he was a little depressed and didn't want to leave the rack untill his neighbor was back in her rightful spot.

Glad to see she's back!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts