Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left selfridge this morning at 11AM. Was planning on casting for musky. Started by the salt river, but the water was really dirty. fished for an hour. nothing happening. Waves wernt bad at all so we started heading out in search of a little clearer water. Got out to 9-10' of water and decided to just go over to grassy island. Fished the east and west side of the island. Between 1PM and 5PM caught 5 pike, a 25" east side of island, caught 35" northwest side of island, caught a 27, 29 & 31" on the west side of the island. All fish caught in 4-7' of water on big spinners and 7" bombers/rapalas. Was trying to get my 8 year old son to cast a 4" twister around, but couldnt get him to try it. So I casted it for for a bit, the 3rd cast I caught the 31" pike, 15 minutes later I caught the biggest smallmouth I have ever caught or seen in person. 21" and it was a fat fish. It was nice to see it swim off, so someone else will catch him next year and inch or 2 bigger. Having problems with the computer so no pics for now, hopefully I can them loaded later.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(6667supersport @ Sep 13 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Left selfridge this morning at 11AM. Was planning on casting for musky. Started by the salt river, but the water was really dirty. fished for an hour. nothing happening. Waves wernt bad at all so we started heading out in search of a little clearer water. Got out to 9-10' of water and decided to just go over to grassy island. Fished the east and west side of the island. Between 1PM and 5PM caught 5 pike, a 25" east side of island, caught 35" northwest side of island, caught a 27, 29 & 31" on the west side of the island. All fish caught in 4-7' of water on big spinners and 7" bombers/rapalas. Was trying to get my 8 year old son to cast a 4" twister around, but couldnt get him to try it. So I casted it for for a bit, the 3rd cast I caught the 31" pike, 15 minutes later I caught the biggest smallmouth I have ever caught or seen in person. 21" and it was a fat fish. It was nice to see it swim off, so someone else will catch him next year and inch or 2 bigger. Having problems with the computer so no pics for now, hopefully I can them loaded later.

Great report, gotta get the kid to throw them big lures and get a muskie/pike! lol

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The boy has already caught a 40" musky and some 25" pike. He just doesnt seem to inrestested in catching fish lately. Last time out I caught a 18-19" smallmouth on the 3rd cast with the same chartuese twister. I told him for a half hour cast that pole U will catch fish with it, he just wasnt interested. after telling hiom for half an hour I picked up the pole and caught the 31" pike on the 3rd cast again, then caught the smally 15 minutes later. He tells me U catch the fish I will hold him for the pics. I cant belive he doesnt want to cast after seeing that smallmouth, even he siad thats huge as soon as I grabbed it out of the net. Well hopefully next week I can get him to cast for awhile......................

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
QUOTE(6667supersport @ Sep 14 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The boy has already caught a 40" musky and some 25" pike. He just doesnt seem to inrestested in catching fish lately. Last time out I caught a 18-19" smallmouth on the 3rd cast with the same chartuese twister. I told him for a half hour cast that pole U will catch fish with it, he just wasnt interested. after telling hiom for half an hour I picked up the pole and caught the 31" pike on the 3rd cast again, then caught the smally 15 minutes later. He tells me U catch the fish I will hold him for the pics. I cant belive he doesnt want to cast after seeing that smallmouth, even he siad thats huge as soon as I grabbed it out of the net. Well hopefully next week I can get him to cast for awhile......................

I was thinking maybe he's a bit scared of the fish (pike have big teeth!) and doesn't want to say so, but if he's willing to hold them once they're in the boat
Could he be afraid of losing a fish or a rod or something? I can appreciate your position - I have a 9 year-old daughter that I want to get fishing but she's now saying she doesn't like boats ?!
I hope you can work it out - I sure wish I was able to do that when I was 8! Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.