Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read in the paper about an accident in Anchor Bay last night. Some guy drunk hit the wake from another boat and the five passangers in his boat were thrown in the water one is missing.
What a dumb a$$!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
They mentioned on the news today they did find a body. So guy 30 something. Said alcohol may be involved.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I saw the boat flipped bottom-up (in the water) on the news........eeerryy........and then being towed in flipped right side up. I feel a big sorrow

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
The guy who died friday was Johnny Carl....AKA Johnny Cat. I knew him, he was a friend of my brothers and has been to my house & cabin many times, 40 years old <_<

·
Registered
954 Posts
sorry I do not have any info. Where in Anchor bay may have been in Macomb county? I do know that a man drown up by the blue water bridge thurday or Friday. Jumped in for a swim but couldn't get back to the ladder.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I knew Jonh too, that's horrible. I watched the news looking to see something about it, but didn't, and tried to find something about it in the freep.com, but I couldn't find anything there either.

A guy at work said he saw it on the news and the boat was really destroyed.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
I was told it was a very old 27' Magnum. I understand the side of the hull was caved in!

VERY unusual for an older race boat. They were overbuilt back in the day.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I also saw the boat at Michigan Marine Salvage on South River Rd. the boat had a huge hole in the side of it and the seat post had broken right off on both driver and passenger seats the posts were just ripped out of the floor it was very eerie to even look at what a bummer!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
How horrible.....I feel so said for the family. I had afriend who went down on his snowmobile up on Drummund Island. His accident was due to not using his head as well but that doesn't help the people left behind

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Missing Boater Found In Lake St. Clair
Driver Faces Charges

POSTED: 12:17 p.m. EDT July 28, 2003
UPDATED: 12:47 p.m. EDT July 28, 2003

A missing boater's body was discovered Saturday and the driver may now face charges.

John Anthony Karl, 33, of Macomb Township, was reported missing after a boating accident on Lake St. Clair Friday afternoon. The Macomb County Sheriff Marine Division responded to a report of a capsized boat around 6:30 p.m. about 2 miles out from Mac and Ray Marina, according to the Sheriff's Department.

The department's initial investigation was that the boat was traveling at a high rate of speed and turned over in the water. All six occupants of the boat were ejected. Five were rescued by the Marine Division, U.S. Coast Guard and another boater in the area, according to the Sheriff's Department.

Members of the Sheriff's Department dive team searched the area for Karl. His body was located Saturday.

Alcohol appears to be a factor in the accident and charges will be sought against the 49-year-old Chesterfield Township man who was operating the boat, the Sheriff's Department said.

Karl's family has been notified and is reportedly making funeral arrangements.

Previous Story:
July 25, 2003: One Missing In Lake St. Clair Boat Accident

1 - 15 of 15 Posts