Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
So me and my buddy Mike didnt have access to my dads truck so we could launch our boat, but we still wanted to go out. After an hour or so of contemplating we decide we just wanted to get out on the water for a few fish so thats what we did. Im not gonna say what we were in but if you were out there you seen us.
It was worth it though. We fished lottivue point down to brandenburg for a few hours and picked up 10-15 alright bass. The perch colored shallow jerkbait proved to be quite effective by the patches of reeds in the shallows next to shore, I had a few consecutive fish and i got to see a fish follow it in and hit it next to the boat which was also kinda cool. Despite how ridiculous I know we looked it was worth and id do it again anyday.

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
2,212 Posts
Big Inner tube, homemade raft, pirate ship, yacht with a big trolling motor on the front, block of styrofoam.......C'mon man you gotta post a photo of your watercraft your kill'n me with the need to know!!!!!!! Good job on the fish though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bassturd. A 103 inch raft. Where it lacks in size in makes up for in mobility haha. I dont care though I just like getting out there.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
This has got to be the coolest report I've read in some time. Good going! Looks like a great time!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well we got out around 5 today and did the same thing in our little minnow. Fished with shallow jerkbaits again from New Baltimore beach to schmid marina along the shoreline and rocks. The two lures I picked up today, sunfish and bluegill patterns both produced so it was a good day for me. Only had about 10 fish for 4 hours worth of effort but alot of that time was spent paddeling haha. When I get a boat with an actual motor and a depth finder I can start posting more impressive reports but I figure this might help somebody out.

1,036 Posts
You gotta start somewhere bro! I used to fish on a canoe back in my younger days. Never on LSC but smaller inland lakes. Some of my best stories were from that canoe. You'll have your boat soon enough! And be able to really appreiate it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I used to go out on inland lakes in an inflatable row boat, I didn't care, just wanted to fish, still have it just in case. Way to go and great report.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Good goin! There are a lot of ways to make it happen. I used to fish out of a tube with flippers on in the huron river a ways above the dams. People would look at me like I was crazy but it worked and I got access to fish that I couldn't get to otherwise.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Even after you get a nice boat smaller ones still have an appeal =)

Just got my first motor boat myself (a used 16' aluminum with 25hp)
But I still plan on using my kayak most of the times when I am fishing alone.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
yea vinnie, dedication has its perks, im in a 13'8" meyers aluminum w/ a 7hp sea king. its a very slow boat, but its a steady pace...lol i was on harsens this past friday, drifted the moot a few times then headed to the south channel. ended up getting inspected by the CG, that was the first time so i was kinda happy about it.

i know you fish from shore sometimes, but its limited. anyway you can make it out there is awesome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts