Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Anchor Bay out of Selfridge on 6-23 from 6:30 am to 1 pm with the infamous H2O, ( my brother ). Started off Salt river where H2o hooked a nice eater sized, ( 18 inches), walleye on a #3 mepps aglia. In the livewell it went. He also hooked and landed a 3 lb smallie that was promptly released. I got a 34 inch northern on a #5 mepps aglia. After a nice couple of pics back she went. Action slowed off the Salt so we moved to the shoreline off the selfridge barracks. I caught 3 dink muskies that were triplets at 24 inches. 2 came off the mepps and 1 on a jig and power grub. H2o caught several smallish northerns and a few more small bass along with a couple of rockies to boot. Fished a couple of Muskie Bobs weedbeds looking for that big girl that roams out there. A fun day spent with my brother till the heat drove us off the lake. Heading out to Erie on wednsday for a box full of those tasty `eyes. Good fishing to all and may all your fish be lunkers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: Anchor Bay

Thanks for the info. I need all I can find on the area.

I will be arriving Thursday night late with the intention of fishing Anchor Bay for the weekend. I spent a weekend last year working along the mile roads and slayed the LM. I was wondering how the Anchor Bay area is as far as docks. That was the key last year. I see reports from this area and want to investigate.

How is the LM fishing there?

UFM82A

·
Registered
88 Posts
I know you like to largemouth fish, so hit the breakwalls north of the Selfridge launch. Those are a little deeper breakwalls, and you should have the same success. Largemouth are totally underfished on the lake. I take my daughter out , and to keep her interested we fish the breakwalls, and kill the largemouth. Your trip should be just as good as your last one. Hope this helps. Rob

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For my results on Lake Erie go to www.walleyecentral.com and click on fishing reports. Great day on the big water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts