Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow anglers, Just purchased a boat docked off Hall/Jefferson. Not familiar with Anchor Bay hotspots for Smallies and LARGE perch. Been catching many throwback perch. Need some tips

Thanks,
Spike

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Are you new to LSC? I think you'll find that the gist of most of the fishing on this lake is fishing an area and then finding your own "hot spots" therein. If you're wanting to stay in Anchor Bay, the pickin's for smallies may be thin. They're in there in some numbers, but this time of year you're going to typically need to look to deeper water.

One of the best things you can do is look back through the past two weeks of Reports and Tips (which is where I moved this thread to) and read the reports. That's what this site is for. Read the reports and most guys will give a general idea of where they were and the techniques they used; like "St Clair light, on a crawler harness..." And that gives you a lead on where to start, and it will usually be pretty close. That will do you well for the most recent, current conditions. Beyond that, try a search on here, and pack a lunch. You'll get too much info and tips to read in a week. Then it's up to you and go out and put your time in and then start posting your own reports to help other anglers down the line.

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(line wetter @ Aug 26 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Spike, welcome to the site. Use the search option and you will find lots of info on perch and smallie reports. Good luck and don't forget to post a report of your own.

Not Familiar with either..Will look up .Do know where the Baltimore cut is.Am I close

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Aug 26 2009, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are you new to LSC? I think you'll find that the gist of most of the fishing on this lake is fishing an area and then finding your own "hot spots" therein. If you're wanting to stay in Anchor Bay, the pickin's for smallies may be thin. They're in there in some numbers, but this time of year you're going to typically need to look to deeper water.

One of the best things you can do is look back through the past two weeks of Reports and Tips (which is where I moved this thread to) and read the reports. That's what this site is for. Read the reports and most guys will give a general idea of where they were and the techniques they used; like "St Clair light, on a crawler harness..." And that gives you a lead on where to start, and it will usually be pretty close. That will do you well for the most recent, current conditions. Beyond that, try a search on here, and pack a lunch. You'll get too much info and tips to read in a week. Then it's up to you and go out and put your time in and then start posting your own reports to help other anglers down the line.

Welcome to the site.

Thank you very much

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Welcome to the site and as Jeff (Esoxfly) said the smallies are in deeper water right now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
try near the selfridge baracks in a little deeper of water for some smallies. make sure when you catch one to throw a marker because i have found the schools are small but there is a bunch of monsters out in anchor bay. A cranking speed with lipless green and pearl shad raps worked monday. good luck

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
QUOTE(Bass Ninja @ Aug 26 2009, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am assuming that the Balt. cut is called balt hy which is a branch of the north channel. Looks like a good area but never fished it.

Bass Ninja

Baltimore Highway - is a deep cut/channel - located off the Chenal Bout Rond (aka Sni) running SW off the North Channel.

Baltimore Channel (aka Cut) - is a deep cut/channel - located on the ENE side of GRASSY Island..and runs NNW & SSE

Both are good areas to fish...but are not the same place.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
That is my Island contender. LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.