Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody been out in the bay resently. Looking forward to going tomarrow (Sunday). Hoping to find some clear water and some Pike. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would suggest Bovier Bay (The next bay east of Anchor Bay) starting from Perch Point following the shorelines. My best luck this time of year though is the all the channels and cuts at Harsen's Island. Single blade silver/white willow spinners and buzz baits have been working well. Still the slow retrieve seems to be working best.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Muskiehound. If you find some Pike please let me know where. I can only find Bass and Muskie. I thought I knew this lake but something is strange in Denmark this year. Bob

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice, but I never even got out to try fishing this weekend. Your right Bob this is been a tough year so far. Hopefully it will pick up as the water warms.

Jim

·
Registered
397 Posts
My family and I fished Anchor Bay for about 4 hours this morning (7am to 11am). My 9 year old son caught his first Muskie. It wasn't HUGE but the smile on my boys face sure was.

I had a nice muskie follow me that I didin't see until I lifted my Rattle Trap out of the water and it jumped right out after it. I thought for sure it was going to literally jump right in the boat

My wife caught a small bass too. Other than that, it was just a whole lot of wind and clouds. The bay wasn't muddy when we got there, but as we fished we could notice the color changing.

All fish were caught on 1/2 oz Rattle Traps.. (You figure out the color
) I would tell you but I hate trying to spell charteuse (shar-toos)

East coast

·
Registered
397 Posts
Cool, it worked. After a nap and some dinner we're off to Pontiac Lake for some legal bass and hopefully a few big cats.

East Coast

1 - 8 of 8 Posts