Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Launched out of SANG around 5:30 AM. Caught 3 muskies and 1 pike within 30 minute time span (noon to 12:30pm). I used spinnerbaits, bucktails, jerkbaits, onlything I caught on these were largemouths and rock bass. I started using a pearch color Shallow Raider and the essox's started hitting. Water was 64 degrees, stained, and 7-9 foot of water. It took a good 5-7 minutes to revive her, but she swam away. Heres the pics of the 2 biggest.
ps. I love fishing, It's more addicting than crack

Water Sky Boat Watercraft Outdoor recreation
Sky Water Boat Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
Nice!! That little one looks like my biggest (and only) this year !

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 14 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Launched out of SANG around 5:30 AM. Caught 3 muskies and 1 pike within 30 minute time span (noon to 12:30pm). I used spinnerbaits, bucktails, jerkbaits, onlything I caught on these were largemouths and rock bass. I started using a pearch color Shallow Raider and the essox's started hitting. Water was 64 degrees, stained, and 7-9 foot of water. It took a good 5-7 minutes to revive her, but she swam away. Heres the pics of the 2 biggest.

The problem with being addicted to fishing is that there is no FAA (Fishing Addicts Anonymous). The only cure is more fishing.

Dale, what gear ratio is on the reel that you used to catch those musky?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 14 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 14 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Launched out of SANG around 5:30 AM. Caught 3 muskies and 1 pike within 30 minute time span (noon to 12:30pm). I used spinnerbaits, bucktails, jerkbaits, onlything I caught on these were largemouths and rock bass. I started using a pearch color Shallow Raider and the essox's started hitting. Water was 64 degrees, stained, and 7-9 foot of water. It took a good 5-7 minutes to revive her, but she swam away. Heres the pics of the 2 biggest.
ps. I love fishing, It's more addicting than crack B)

The problem with being addicted to fishing is that there is no FAA (Fishing Addicts Anonymous). The only cure is more fishing.

6.2:1 lol...I was changing spots so I started trolling, thats when I hit them. 3 mph.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
A friend and I trolled for Muskie Saturday, basically from Huron Pt to the Nine Mile tower in 13ft of water... used 6 different lures, caught two on a large gold "Red Eye" and a third on a neon colored rapala-type. No big ones, all three were 36-39 inches.

·
Vendor
539 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 14 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 14 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Launched out of SANG around 5:30 AM. Caught 3 muskies and 1 pike within 30 minute time span (noon to 12:30pm). I used spinnerbaits, bucktails, jerkbaits, onlything I caught on these were largemouths and rock bass. I started using a pearch color Shallow Raider and the essox's started hitting. Water was 64 degrees, stained, and 7-9 foot of water. It took a good 5-7 minutes to revive her, but she swam away. Heres the pics of the 2 biggest.

Zib isnt this place our FAA? lol

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(muskie_caster @ Jun 15 2009, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 14 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 14 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Launched out of SANG around 5:30 AM. Caught 3 muskies and 1 pike within 30 minute time span (noon to 12:30pm). I used spinnerbaits, bucktails, jerkbaits, onlything I caught on these were largemouths and rock bass. I started using a pearch color Shallow Raider and the essox's started hitting. Water was 64 degrees, stained, and 7-9 foot of water. It took a good 5-7 minutes to revive her, but she swam away. Heres the pics of the 2 biggest.

Zib isnt this place our FAA? lol

This place actually makes my addiction worse.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 14 2009, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 14 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 14 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Launched out of SANG around 5:30 AM. Caught 3 muskies and 1 pike within 30 minute time span (noon to 12:30pm). I used spinnerbaits, bucktails, jerkbaits, onlything I caught on these were largemouths and rock bass. I started using a pearch color Shallow Raider and the essox's started hitting. Water was 64 degrees, stained, and 7-9 foot of water. It took a good 5-7 minutes to revive her, but she swam away. Heres the pics of the 2 biggest.

6.2:1 lol...I was changing spots so I started trolling, thats when I hit them. 3 mph.

Cheater!

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Great job!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 14 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Launched out of SANG around 5:30 AM. Caught 3 muskies and 1 pike within 30 minute time span (noon to 12:30pm). I used spinnerbaits, bucktails, jerkbaits, onlything I caught on these were largemouths and rock bass. I started using a pearch color Shallow Raider and the essox's started hitting. Water was 64 degrees, stained, and 7-9 foot of water. It took a good 5-7 minutes to revive her, but she swam away. Heres the pics of the 2 biggest.

View attachment 62526
View attachment 62527

So you used to smoke crack? lol jk jk Nice work out there!!! That boat looks pretty killer too. Looks nice and wide, lots of room for all your musky JUNK

Good stuff man!

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(Large Mouth Peks @ Jun 15 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 14 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Launched out of SANG around 5:30 AM. Caught 3 muskies and 1 pike within 30 minute time span (noon to 12:30pm). I used spinnerbaits, bucktails, jerkbaits, onlything I caught on these were largemouths and rock bass. I started using a pearch color Shallow Raider and the essox's started hitting. Water was 64 degrees, stained, and 7-9 foot of water. It took a good 5-7 minutes to revive her, but she swam away. Heres the pics of the 2 biggest.

View attachment 62526
View attachment 62527

So you used to smoke crack? lol jk jk Nice work out there!!! That boat looks pretty killer too. Looks nice and wide, lots of room for all your musky JUNK

Good stuff man!

lmao...matter of fact I did, shot heroin too. I've been clean 3 years and 2 months now. It seems my addiction has manifested in other areas of my life. I got a 2 musky a day habit now and it's getting worse. I'm planning my vacation around when the fall bite will be best! Can't go into a tackle store with out spending 5 times the amount of money I originally intended too. I think sharpening hooks is a very productive way to spend my time. Filled 4 tackle boxes since last year: got to love ebay! If I get a follow I figure the day wasn't a total lost.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 15 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Large Mouth Peks @ Jun 15 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 14 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Launched out of SANG around 5:30 AM. Caught 3 muskies and 1 pike within 30 minute time span (noon to 12:30pm). I used spinnerbaits, bucktails, jerkbaits, onlything I caught on these were largemouths and rock bass. I started using a pearch color Shallow Raider and the essox's started hitting. Water was 64 degrees, stained, and 7-9 foot of water. It took a good 5-7 minutes to revive her, but she swam away. Heres the pics of the 2 biggest.

View attachment 62526
View attachment 62527

Good stuff man!

lmao...matter of fact I did, shot heroin too. I've been clean 3 years and 2 months now. It seems my addiction has manifested in other areas of my life. I got a 2 musky a day habit now and it's getting worse. I'm planning my vacation around when the fall bite will be best! Can't go into a tackle store with out spending 5 times the amount of money I originally intended too. I think sharpening hooks is a very productive way to spend my time. Filled 4 tackle boxes since last year: got to love ebay! If I get a follow I figure the day wasn't a total lost.

Ya know, I think I kinda had a feeling that was possible, by just the way your threw it in there at the end. I meant no disrespect. Congrats on being clean for that long now man!! Fishing has got to be one of the best medicines out there, but I hear ya on the buying tackle thing...that alone is a horrible addiction lol

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Large Mouth Peks @ Jun 15 2009, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 15 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Large Mouth Peks @ Jun 15 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 14 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Launched out of SANG around 5:30 AM. Caught 3 muskies and 1 pike within 30 minute time span (noon to 12:30pm). I used spinnerbaits, bucktails, jerkbaits, onlything I caught on these were largemouths and rock bass. I started using a pearch color Shallow Raider and the essox's started hitting. Water was 64 degrees, stained, and 7-9 foot of water. It took a good 5-7 minutes to revive her, but she swam away. Heres the pics of the 2 biggest.

View attachment 62526
View attachment 62527

Good stuff man!

Ya know, I think I kinda had a feeling that was possible, by just the way your threw it in there at the end. I meant no disrespect. Congrats on being clean for that long now man!! Fishing has got to be one of the best medicines out there, but I hear ya on the buying tackle thing...that alone is a horrible addiction lol

I didn't think for a moment that u were trying to disrespect me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Great fish! What kind of boat is that by the way? It looks like a sweet rig, especially the width. Keep up the good work out there!

later,

MDH

1 - 20 of 21 Posts