Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put in at selfridge about 11:30. Started casting in 6 fow near salt river, with my dad who has never caught a musky. ( i've only caught a few myself) on my dads 3rd cast with a red baby girl he had a 20-24 incher follow and swim off. that got him and me thinking it was gonna be his day. after about 3 hours of drifting, casting and relocating we start heading back towards salt river in about 8 fow and i say lets troll over there. five minutes int trollling with rods in hand i had a hit & miss dropped the rod tip back then pulled it towards me, and BAM! FISH ON! it was a thirtyincher, and rocketted out of the water about 3 feet. not a monster, but still a sight to see! started casting that area till we drifted into shallower water with no luck. headed back out to 8fow and tried trolling again. i get another hit and its a 20 inch pike. i tried to give my dad the gold showgirl i was using but he would'nt take it! about 5 minutes later i get another fish on, another musky 34 inches. trolled a bit longer then casted a while with no luck, and called it a day. still no musky for dad! maybe next time!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Next time, Dad. Great report and welcome to the site. We look forward to hearing more reports from you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Czar @ Jul 20 2009, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Next time, Dad. Great report and welcome to the site. We look forward to hearing more reports from you.

thanks for the warm welcome. i live 2 hours away, but i'll be back any chance i get. i caught my first musky last fall in lake hudson. after about 12 times out i ended up with 3 for the year. ive been to lake hudson 4 times this year had 1 hit, and lost a 35-40 incher at the boat.hudson is only an hour from my house, but im 4 for 5 in lsc so now im hooked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.