Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trolled the bay today ended up 9 for 11 6 skis 1 pike 2 bass all esox were caught on body baits the bass on bucktails trolled 4.0 on gps worked 6-10 fow. most of the fish were almost legal 40/41 inch no legals again today
. color of the bay was nice and cloudy today

Attachments

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 18 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>good job..What time did you have most of the Musky action

And where precisely did you catch the really small ones

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Good job Dennis! You are batting a better average than the Tigers have of late that is for sure.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
QUOTE(adamfish @ Jun 18 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 18 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>good job..What time did you have most of the Musky action

are you pickin on me about my 2 small musky. its not my fault I caught them 10 years too early

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 18 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>good job..What time did you have most of the Musky action

was more like when we found em the hits came thoughout the day but everyfish we hit i turned around and we hit another 1 then that would be it, then we would be back on search mode. but today our fish came on short leads and we trolled a tad faster then weve been. was running 4.0 not 3.8 . we took our last fish at 4:42 only reason i remember is we agreed to pull lines at 5 and i looked at the time to see if had time to reset and spin around. the fish dont seem as schooled up over here as they are between the pike n the puce we made one pass though that stretch tuesday and took 7 fish but all under 30 inches. why we were in the bay today the fish were bigger but still no legals . heres a shot of 2 in the tank from a fast turn around

Attachments

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 18 2009, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(adamfish @ Jun 18 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 18 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>good job..What time did you have most of the Musky action

are you pickin on me about my 2 small musky. its not my fault I caught them 10 years too early

They were the only musky in the boat if I remember correct. Wish that 50 incher would have gotten hooked when he nailed my lure at the boat. I need more hooks I guess

Finished hijacking your thread Dennis. WTG today!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(little guy @ Jun 18 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good job Dennis! You are batting a better average than the Tigers have of late that is for sure.

my crew wasnt saying that today both fish were lost when i was on the rod. i even got accused of sabotaging my hook/ land ratio to hold out for a big one lol, by my brother of course. so i blamed it on faulty rigging(he was setting rods) and ended up with the pike on my turn the bass were non counters for rod turn. but one i lost hit a downrod with a 2 ft lead and went crazy thrashing and threw lure i had the rod like a whole 10 seconds we had another go airborn striking that same set up, wich was pretty cool too bad wasnt bigger

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Good seeing you out there. I was sure it was you after I broke out the binos and saw that awesome Yammie on the back!

Next time I see you I'll probably call you up and see if I can come over and check out the live well.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Wonderful job on the skis.

Trolled for half the day (not in anchor bay) & raised only weeds.

Your posts are invaulable, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Jun 18 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good seeing you out there. I was sure it was you after I broke out the binos and saw that awesome Yammie on the back!

Next time I see you I'll probably call you up and see if I can come over and check out the live well.

ya you pulled up as we were doing a spin around those fish were in my livewell when we passed you by the salt

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Nice work Dennis, you have been tearing them up so far!! Will you be out this weekend? If so, what channel will you be on? I am going over to Mitchell's Bay for the weekend and I would expect I may make it out trolling if the weather is good. Good job and save some for the rest of us novices to try and enjoy a few!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(lance1161 @ Jun 18 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wonderful job on the skis.

Trolled for half the day (not in anchor bay) & raised only weeds.

Your posts are invaulable, thanks for sharing.

all i can say is experiment, been off all week fished everyday besides weds. just ask rjt or my bro how many lure/lead changes i had em do as i was trying dif depths n such today. but weve caught fish as shallow as 6 ft n deep as 18 ft this week so i still havnt figured a pattern. everyday weve been setting like first time out. various leads/lures n try n piece it together from there by the end of today we had all body baits on,was a first this week all other outings ended in running all tails. but everywhere we tried we have found fish

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(vinniemays @ Jun 18 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When you are trolling bucktails do you add any weight to them?

yes i add a wieght anywhere from 1-6 oz depending on depth of water im fishing.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(kayceedee @ Jun 18 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice work Dennis, you have been tearing them up so far!! Will you be out this weekend? If so, what channel will you be on? I am going over to Mitchell's Bay for the weekend and I would expect I may make it out trolling if the weather is good. Good job and save some for the rest of us novices to try and enjoy a few!

if im out my radios on 80 call name troller but i doubt ill pick you up this will prob be my last week of american fishing but did hear muskie mania on radio today said he got 2 females with eggs still in bay last night. we seen him fishing the bay today passed him by the clinton

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Nice work Dennis. Ryan kept sending me pics to my phone every time you picked up a fish. Helped pass time at work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts