Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Went out this morning in Anchor Bay for are first ever musky trip. We ran a bunch of local hardbaits and two down rods with mepps bucktails. End up with no musky just pike. Was wondering if you guys ever use planner boards for musky. Any tips would be helpful, and would love to have someone for a tag along to show the ropes. MY trip.

Water Cloud Sky Vertebrate Fish
Water Sky Cloud Fisherman Smile

Attachments

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Nice couple of gators ya got there. Good going. I`ll be out in the bay tomorrow seeking mosquinonge.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Nice gators there! I'll take a day like that anytime, though not every time.
You weren't necessarily doing anything wrong. Sometimes one gets muskies, sometimes pike.

I might be up for joining you some time. Feel free to PM me. Like Czar, I plan to head out tomorrow, too, though it might not be all for toothies... do pretty well for smallies this time of year.

I don't have planer boards myself, but that's more on account of money and space considerations, what with my having a 14 ft boat. Still do all right, especially for someone pretty new to the musky game. Planers could certainly enable you to effectively cover more water. I might have a go at inline planers, as I've heard the Off Shore ones can handle most musky lures with the right releases.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
We trolled the bay for about an hour last night (5:30-6:30). Floating weeds, fish flies and other bugs made it a miserable trip. Started out at A buoy. First fish hit after about 3 minutes on the down rod 6/20, 11'7 FOW on a jointed $9 Bass. Took drag out like crazy (wish I would have had a chance to see it
). Handed the rod off to Wife's friend and the fish spit the hook shortly after. Packed up and hit Metro for a boat ride. LOL

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Ya the weekend was tough. I only boated a small one maybe 26-28 incher. Saturday morning was good but after the front blew in and the wind changed direction and the temp dropped the fishing really slowed down. I did have one of the grandkids out and a 24inch Pike nailed a small rapala when she was holding the rod. The look on her face was priceless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts