Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure most everybody knows by now - that van didn't make it off the ice. He came into the Crocker ramp going about 30 - and never made it across. Quite the noise upon impact.

The tow man was back at it.

A heads up: I've seen two quads and that van go in over the last 36 hours. LEAVE YOUR STUPID NOISY MACHINES AT HOME. At this point it's getting unsafe.

And, my God, if I have one more joy-rider on a sled go right by me this year, I may just crack...

Anyway - the fishing's been good..

·
Registered
76 Posts
QUOTE(Millennium Promo @ Mar 8 2010, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm sure most everybody knows by now - that van didn't make it off the ice. He came into the Crocker ramp going about 30 - and never made it across. Quite the noise upon impact.

The tow man was back at it.

A heads up: I've seen two quads and that van go in over the last 36 hours. LEAVE YOUR STUPID NOISY MACHINES AT HOME. At this point it's getting unsafe.

And, my God, if I have one more joy-rider on a sled go right by me this year, I may just crack...

Anyway - the fishing's been good..

as we ended our day on the 2 man rhino 900lbs plus us, another 400lbs we exited at metro on the dirt ramp as not to tear up the boat ramp. the complete front end went thru, down to the frame, only the 660 cc engine and massive bogger tires kept us moving.
needless to say the machine ate some mud and nasty smelling swamp weeds.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I can only speak for myself, but I only use my machine to get where I'm going and I do it at 10 mph or less. I don't mess around out there. Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad I made Friday my last day. I can't afford to get towed out. I hope you find your auger.

Bob (238)

·
3,236 Posts
That is one hell of a plan, gun it and try to skip across the top of the water like you are on a snowmobile.
Wonder if DUI went with the tow charges as well. I would almost hope you were drunk for attempting to take a van out yesterday, it simply wouldn't make sense if you were sober.
Darwin's theory comes to mind.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
People are crazy. With all of my 125 lbs, even I was making the ice bounce up and down yesterday afternoon. How they expected to make it back in a van is beyond me.

·
3,236 Posts
QUOTE(waterfordmatt @ Mar 8 2010, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZGC9IrPe3Q...mp;feature=fvwp

Bringing back memeories for me. Both with your avatar and that video. I used to love the hop slam but this year I was in Kzoo so of course I stopped at bells and got a mixed six pack. The first hop slam I drank made me flush and red, mild allergic reaction.
I have had it in the past and always loved it but they must have changed or added something to the recipe is all I can think. I had a 1987 honda 250r for a couple of years and always had a blast on that land rocket. I had a set of paddle tires for silver lake but I never thought about trying it on water.
To late now I got old and sold it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
QUOTE(Tony @ Mar 8 2010, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(waterfordmatt @ Mar 8 2010, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZGC9IrPe3Q...mp;feature=fvwp

Bringing back memeories for me. Both with your avatar and that video. I used to love the hop slam but this year I was in Kzoo so of course I stopped at bells and got a mixed six pack. The first hop slam I drank made me flush and red, mild allergic reaction.
I have had it in the past and always loved it but they must have changed or added something to the recipe is all I can think. I had a 1987 honda 250r for a couple of years and always had a blast on that land rocket. I had a set of paddle tires for silver lake but I never thought about trying it on water.
To late now I got old and sold it.

something about that strong hoppy taste and the honey just mellows it out. oh soooo yummy. but be careful because at 10% it only takes a few

1 - 16 of 16 Posts