Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Please do not take this out of text. I`m not trying to make more work for people who already do a GREAT job on this site! Just trying to make it easier for members.

This is just a sugestion, trying to help eliminate double posts and help members who are not familar with the "Search" or "Wiki" features.

On the LSCN`s home page there is the "Angler`s Corner" tab, correct? Listed below it ,could we have a forum link intitled "Angler`s Information" when opened, links to information according to topics such as:
"Maps"
"Ramps"
"Knots"
"Rod & Reels"
"Charters"
"No Wake Zones"
"Weather"
and the rarly used "Tournamnet Calender" link also.
Can this be done with "Pinned Topics"? OR just re-name the fishing wiki to "Angler Information"? so it will generate more hits?

Just a suggestion in which the great members of LSCN can post their helpfull information onto others to help find the requested information quicker and easier? I know that we will have links from the "Home Page" but most do not look there first before posting questions.

Maybe this will create a forum under "Fishing" on the left side of an opened link, titled "Angler`s Information"? How many users acually users know of the wiki section for information in lieu of a forum link ?

RK

Let me know if it`s a good idea, or should I just creat a wiki (or edit the crurent one created by castmaster in `07) with the information links?

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
I think the Wiki is currently the best place to put this information. We could put another link under Angler's Corner to link directly to that.

We have been talking about a full site redesign and are doing some preliminary planning for that. We'll be looking for some more input like this when as we move forward. The new site will better be able to handle "user supplied content" like you are suggesting.

Feel free to use the feedback tab on the side of the home page anytime there are suggestions as well!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Nov 3 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think the Wiki is currently the best place to put this information. We could put another link under Angler's Corner to link directly to that.

Thank you for considering the additional link. I`ll watch for the link to be added to the home page. Untill then I`ll just edit/create an updated fishing wiki that you can add it to the link.

Thanks Mike,
RK

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I can't open it either.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
The link works for me? I would try the Fishing Wiki link on the left side of page.Then you should be able to see the Anglers` Information Wiki.

Hope that will work for you,
RK

EDITED>>>

I see that some of the RAMPS links are having server issues. That may of been your link questions?

·
Sponsor Since 02-09
290 Posts
QUOTE(CaptDoug @ Nov 4 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(wallysteve @ Nov 4 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I see a common trend

It must be set up as a no sponser allowed area

Wow...kind of looks that way.

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

????

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
Mike,

I logged out, went to the Wiki and could see all topics. While in that screen I logged in. When the Wiki came back up I could only see the Events section.

I left the Wiki to come here and tried to go back to it (while still logged in). When I did, it gave me the "Error you're not logged in" thing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts