Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anglers Point is a must see folks. Jerry has done a lot to make this bait and tackle shop what you expect. Service you deserve. I was blown away when I walked in and you don't want to leave. Great selection of products and priced to sell. Big Flat Screen T.V.'s display weather constantly. Trust me friends stop in and check it out, it's like a custom store just for LAKE SAINT CLAIR.

Located directly across from Selfidge Launch Site. You can't miss it.

h2o
<--says you'll walk out going WOW!!!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Anglers Point= the place to be for all your angling needs. What a great location too. Pull right in before you launch your boat for all your supplies.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Can't beat it as it is in the best location for the DNR Launch at Seltridge and he even has a good supply of Brunner Runner's Wow and Lol. Good place to shop for your fishing pleasure.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Alright how many of you guys own a chunk of this place???? C'mon come clean......... h2o, czar, schram (your pic is featured in the advert top right) , bob???
just joking.

I prefer to shop at local shops, especially ones that support this forum. Keeping it local is the only way to go. That's why I hit jimmies, nautical mile BP & once I manage to get north of the clinton river these guys.

I wish people saw it that way with my business.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
I stopped in and got a bait in there.

Their Rapala selection was pretty nice, and I'm not even a Rapala guy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree it's the place to go and they listen to you if you ask them something not like selfrige bait shop never go there again.
Anglers point has a way better selection and they haven't finished stocking there shelfs yet.
I been spreading the word around so this place survives telling anybody that I know and sending them there.
I finally met two fisherman from this forum h2o and pumpkinseed at anglers point glad to have met you you proably don't remember me I always read your post lots of infro you give keep up the good job

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Yo Angler's Point- If you want my .02 load up your muskie assortment if you're not already planning to. I saw your baits you have now, and they're good to see, but I'd love more! Not just because I'm a muskie guy but because there's so many muskie guys who need to buy Knipex cutters, proper muskie nets (Beckman, Frabill), DCG's, Dawgs, muskie-worthy tackle boxes (vertical bait storage boxes), floating measuring sticks, FC and wire leaders, boxes of replacement treble hooks, heavy split rings, snaps and swivels, etc.... There's no full line, easily accessable muskie shop on the lake that I know of. Nowhere where someone can run in and get what they need for muskie. There's Gander, but their selection is weak, and there's other dealers and bait sellers around of course, but just about everything I listed above has to be mail ordered. Your selection of Brunner Runners was good, and well stocked, and your other baits hanging there were good too, but keep it coming!

There's more and more muskie casters here and a great deal of them are just using heavy bass tackle at first just to see if they like it or not. They're going to like it and then they realize they need proper muskie gear and they've got to buy it somewhere. Everyone knows I've recently "geared" up for muskie as I've solely flyfished for the last 10 years and was starting from scratch with conventional muskie gear. So in the last month I've bought two rods, two reels, line, leaders, Knipex, and easily $750 in baits (good thing I got the insurance check for my blown motor so I've got some spending money!!!) and I had to order all of it from my muskie store in Minnesota. With muskie fishing being as it is here, there's a huge void for a proper walk-in muskie store.

Just my .02; there's a market for it. Especially in your prime location right on Anchor Bay, and if you advertised being a one-stop muskie shop here on LSC....you'd get the business. You'd get my muskie business.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Billbuster and I stopped in Saturday before we went fishing, got some gas and bait. The place is really coming together and they have alot of stuff up and alot still for unpacking! Met Jerry, his wife and son (can't remember names worth a &^%$, sorry), and Doug. Real nice and friendly. If you want them to stock specifics just let 'em know! Great place and real convenient. Heck drive the boat around after you launch at Selfridge its just as easy! I don't think I'll be going to the "other" bait store anymore either.

I have to give a special shout out for the crawlers. Was very surprised to see the "paper bedding" instead of dirt in the crawler box. God was that nice. There has been more dirt mess in my boat because of spills than I care to remember. I like the square styrofoam boxes better also. They stack up better in the cooler!

By the way we had an awesome day fishing! Spinflex kicked butt again!

Thanks again guys! Keep up the good work! You've got my business.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Now if Jerry would only learn how to fish for Muskie he would be so rounded. LOL

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
I seen the good selection of Brunner Runners. but what else do they have for Musky baits?? I just bought 2 lakewood boxes and need more lures

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have to agree on becoming a one stop musky shop. If you pull it off you'll be golden with a bunch of people that don't mind spending bunches of money on it. I know I'm getting sick of running around hells half acre trying to trackdown the tackle & gear I'm looking for.

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
Was there today and picked up a brunner runner. Nice selection, super people, gave my 7 year old son a pack of plastic jigs for his birthday. THANX AGAIN

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Jul 11 2009, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yo Angler's Point- If you want my .02 load up your muskie assortment if you're not already planning to. I saw your baits you have now, and they're good to see, but I'd love more! Not just because I'm a muskie guy but because there's so many muskie guys who need to buy Knipex cutters, proper muskie nets (Beckman, Frabill), DCG's, Dawgs, muskie-worthy tackle boxes (vertical bait storage boxes), floating measuring sticks, FC and wire leaders, boxes of replacement treble hooks, heavy split rings, snaps and swivels, etc.... There's no full line, easily accessable muskie shop on the lake that I know of. Nowhere where someone can run in and get what they need for muskie. There's Gander, but their selection is weak, and there's other dealers and bait sellers around of course, but just about everything I listed above has to be mail ordered. Your selection of Brunner Runners was good, and well stocked, and your other baits hanging there were good too, but keep it coming!

There's more and more muskie casters here and a great deal of them are just using heavy bass tackle at first just to see if they like it or not. They're going to like it and then they realize they need proper muskie gear and they've got to buy it somewhere. Everyone knows I've recently "geared" up for muskie as I've solely flyfished for the last 10 years and was starting from scratch with conventional muskie gear. So in the last month I've bought two rods, two reels, line, leaders, Knipex, and easily $750 in baits (good thing I got the insurance check for my blown motor so I've got some spending money!!!) and I had to order all of it from my muskie store in Minnesota. With muskie fishing being as it is here, there's a huge void for a proper walk-in muskie store.

Just my .02; there's a market for it. Especially in your prime location right on Anchor Bay, and if you advertised being a one-stop muskie shop here on LSC....you'd get the business. You'd get my muskie business.

I just moved to the area and started this "lake fishing" stuff. It is a lot different than what I was doing when I was in Algonac (basically still-fishing with bombers, rapalas, and pencil plugs). I can't fish for walleye around here like I did there, so I've had to settle for casting for sport fish. What would you think a few "MAIN" lures would be for casting for muskie? I've been throwing some big Mepps bucktails the last few days and have caught some mediocre pike and muskie. I was using a size 6 Mepps for bass a few weeks back and this muskie Mepps just says "muskie killer" on it. As much as I'd like to catch something I can eat, I guess I'll just fish for something to put on my wall. What do you think would be some key lures in order to do that???

Yesterday morning I was out casting and saw some BIG muskie below the boat, but only hooked up with some 25" pike and a few small bass.

If you guys in the green Lund are reading this, I gotta give you props for being out there at 8am when I got out there until the time I came BACK OUT at 6:30PM in the SAME spot. I fished 8-10:30am then went to the airport, watched tv, went out to eat, took a nap and came back out at 6:30pm and you guys were in the exact same spot. That's dedication. I saw the net out a few times, so I assume there was a reason you didn't move.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
For all of the times I have been at that launch I have not stopped in yet. I will have to on my next trip.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
QUOTEIf you guys in the green Lund are reading this, I gotta give you props for being out there at 8am when I got out there until the time I came BACK OUT at 6:30PM in the SAME spot. I fished 8-10:30am then went to the airport, watched tv, went out to eat, took a nap and came back out at 6:30pm and you guys were in the exact same spot. That's dedication. I saw the net out a few times, so I assume there was a reason you didn't move.

If yer talking about a big olive green Lund Alaskan, that was me and Billbuster! We fished 12 hours and it was a tough struggle to get what we did. We fished Salt River and Brunner Island.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts