Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Stopped in there today. Their muskie selection is growing. Picked up some bucktails that have an interchangeable rear section, so you can make 4 or 5 different lures for the price of 2 bucktails, can't wait to try them. Also picked up some more Woodies. Can't have too many Woodies.
Met Jerry the owner, he seems like one heck of a nice guy. And Pumpkinseed at the counter was way more than helpfull. With customer service like this I'll be a regular customer from now on. I found my new toy store!!!!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(BrokenWing @ Aug 4 2009, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"Woodies" I do not have any of those, at least I think I don't. I need to do some research.

Rich

Thats also great that they carry woodies,Im going to pick one up. Ive been wanting to start collecting local luremakers lures. Ive started with a Brunner Runner, Bob!lol
Now I need to add more slowly.

·
Registered
269 Posts
QUOTE(troller11 @ Aug 4 2009, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BrokenWing @ Aug 4 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"Woodies" I do not have any of those, at least I think I don't. I need to do some research.

Rich

theyre made by woodieb8 from the site, i think this first year for being sold on american side, a popular bait in canada ive done ok on his black perch stick bait

Been doing good with jointed perch on the down rod, the last couple times out. Now if I could just get a crew that could get the fish to the boat.

·
Sponsor Since 02-09
290 Posts
QUOTE(RICKJAMES @ Aug 4 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thats awesome, Ive been wanting to pick up a few of those. They look like quality leaders. Would you happen to know what #test they are carrying?

We'll have 100,150# florou and 174# steel, 14" and 36"

Shagnasty nice meeting you and hope that Beckman net gets alot of use.............Jerry

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hmmmmmm......... If I skip lunch this month I can afford more muskie gear......... hmmmmmmm
Ah what the h3ll I could afford to loose a few pounds!

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(troller11 @ Aug 4 2009, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(esoxfly @ Aug 4 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That store just keep getting better and better....

esox you getting into the bucktail business ?
Coming soon- CRAZY MOON CUSTOM FLY AND BUCKTAILS! Place your orders now.....big double 10's, Flashabou, maribou...big baits for big muskie!

You know it!!! I've been in the fly business for several years now, selling commercially. Still doing flies, but the fly market is kinda weak here. Doing bucktails now. Nothing to compete against Bob though. I tie big! My flies are huge and so are my bucktails. Alot of Flashabou, marabou and volume, double 10's and solid components. Just now gearing up for the bucktails, so gimme another week or so and I'll have them out and about....but if there's something you're after, let me know and we can start now. That's where the "custom" comes from; I'll tie up whatever you want. If you want a chartruese and purple body with pink and silver blades, I can do that. I'm going to have some standard models, but anything beyond that is up to the customer.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Well this seems to be getting to be the most popular tackle store on the lake. Of course as long as he has BR's for sale he should do well. (Now if Jerry will only learn how to fish.) LOL

All joking aside I wish Jerry and Cheri the best in their endeavor. I hope it becomes the place to go. Bob

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
QUOTE(BrokenWing @ Aug 4 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"Woodies" I do not have any of those, at least I think I don't. I need to do some research.

Rich

caught this one on the black perch str8 woodieb8 running 2 and 40 in 18 fow
Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate White

Jerry has a great store there. Take a look at Bob's baits for casting and the St Clair Hounds for some double blade action.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts