Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
We may need to kennel Sadie, our dog, if we decide to go to Las Vegas coming up this spring. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good kennel? My first choice would be to leave her with family, because they know her and how to handle her, but my parents moved away and my sisters family is allergic
I have family members who have had bad luck personally, so I am a little unsure of kennels.

Sadie is very used to a large cage, and is up to date on all vaccinations/monthly pills and I will make sure she gets one for kennel cough too. Not to mention she will be off to the groomers after her stay there....

Our vet recommended Kamber Kennels at 15 and Harper because their Office Manager used to work there but I dunno.....

For those of you who know me well enough my animals are my babies/kids so I want the best for them.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations for a good kennel.

Thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts
We use Dogs Inn in St. Clair Shores. On 14 Mile just west of Harper. Our dogs are our babies too and this place came highly recommended to us. We referred Captain Dan and Donna there and they use them also.
Their cages are indoors, but they also have a doggie door to go outside anytime they need to. The girls working there will go inside their cages and play w/them, etc. but never take them out of their cages. That's what I really liked about that place. Some places say oh, we'll take your dogs for a walk, etc. I did NOT want that. That to me just means a risk that they could get loose and run away! We're able to keep our 2 dogs together in one bigger cage so they're together. We boarded them there a lot this summer during boating and the dogs love it there.
It's not a fancy place w/lush green grass to roam and doggie massages or anything but it's clean, safe and we've never had a problem there.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Maybe I could doggie sit for you. We have a yellow lab that would love the company! Otherwise we have gone to Lakeside Vet. across from Tin Fish for about 28 years.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My parent's used to use Warren Woods, but that was a few years ago now. They were very good then, but I don't know if anything has changed. I bet your vet could give you a good recommendation.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
I love dogs and if you like I could watch him for you

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
My cousin does sheltering out of her house and even brings them to work with her. She lives in New Baltimore at 23 and DW Seaton. She watches our dog when we are out of town. Give her a call if you would like she owns Shaggy Dog Grooming and is always there. Her number is 586-731-3033 and Cindy is her name.

Sarah

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
we have used Schraam Kennels at 24 and Card.

no probs.. and our dogs aren't too demented when they come home.

·
Registered
279 Posts
My daughters always complain about watching my dog. I have never used a kennel, what is the basic cost for a week? She is a little Jack Russel.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I don't remeber exactly.. we have 2 dogs and they share a common kennel for $24 or something like that.

1 dog is probably $15 a day or so.

·
Registered
455 Posts
QUOTE(Evil Shot Girl @ Jan 11 2004, 01:33 PM)We use Dogs Inn in St. Clair Shores. On 14 Mile just west of Harper. Our dogs are our babies too and this place came highly recommended to us. We referred Captain Dan and Donna there and they use them also.
Their cages are indoors, but they also have a doggie door to go outside anytime they need to. The girls working there will go inside their cages and play w/them, etc. but never take them out of their cages. That's what I really liked about that place. Some places say oh, we'll take your dogs for a walk, etc. I did NOT want that. That to me just means a risk that they could get loose and run away! We're able to keep our 2 dogs together in one bigger cage so they're together. We boarded them there a lot this summer during boating and the dogs love it there.
It's not a fancy place w/lush green grass to roam and doggie massages or anything but it's clean, safe and we've never had a problem there.
We have been very satisfied

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
as long as saddiei snt a fence jumper she can stay here .

might not want to give her up though when you guys get back ,,,,,

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you everyone, for your suggestions and offers.

I appreciate those who offer to watch Sadie in their home, however I feel more comfortable putting her in a kennel. The reason being is because she is so unpredictable at times, she is still a puppy which means hyper. She is also not used to much of anyone else except for Jeff, myself and the cats, so I don't know how she would do around another family. I would be willing to try it but not with us so far away if something happens or she does something. Plus not to mention she seems to have a happy release, which means when she really likes someone new she shows them by peeing, on their feet most of the time. I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

I will check out the kennels mentioned in this post, I think of your recommendations highly!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
well, i am pee'd and poo-poo'd on, on a regular basis
no big deal. If you want a pet sitter for Sadie, let me know and i'll be glad to stop by and care for her at your house

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
How about posting a more recent picture?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<_< The one I posted was not long before the one you posted. Plus in the one I posted she looks more slimming, in the one you posted she is doing that thing with her ears and tucking in her chin which makes a second chin....not very becoming....

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Jan 13 2004, 08:34 AM)
The one I posted was not long before the one you posted. Plus in the one I posted she looks more slimming, in the one you posted she is doing that thing with her ears and tucking in her chin which makes a second chin....not very becoming....

No, the one you posted was still very young. The one I posted is how she looks now.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Some very good friends of ours own The Dog Ranch kennel in Romeo. Todd and Monica are the owners, and it is their life. They've spent a fortune on improvements and updates since they bought the business a few years ago. Todd takes every single dog out to play in the yard every day - they are not just kenneled the whole time. Definitely worth the drive, I can't recommend them highly enough!

586-752-2890

1 - 20 of 30 Posts