Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been toying with the idea of putting a hydrofoil on my motor now the idea is reality. Went to BPS yesterday with my 3yr old and picked up a stingray hydrofoil for my fathers day gift. We trolled the isles and he played on all the boats looked at the fish in the tank and he tried his hand a casting a spincast reel (he still has some learning to do but thats what I'm around for). We made a day of it and ended up at gander upon his request.

Here is the latest addition, going to try it out tomorrow:
Aircraft Airplane Bumper Bicycle saddle Material property
Scale Bicycle part Flooring Gas Metal

Attachments

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Wow same thing I did I put a hydrofoil and a transom saver bar on my boat also.

·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad to see that you guys and gal likes the hydrofoil I can't wait to see the difference in the way the boat planes out.

·
3,236 Posts
I have seen these on multiple boats and always wondered if they were necessary or a gimmick. Is the only purpose to get on plane faster? If so were you guys that use them having a hard time getting on plane? I have had 4 boats now from 14-18 feet long and am currently running a 16 footer with a 50hp and although she doesn't jump on plane she does plane out just fine. Just wondering what the advantage is and what issues you guys were dealing with that you were hoping to correct by installing one? Hopefully these questions don't end up costing me money when I go out and buy one because of what you guys said.

·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Tony @ Jun 23 2009, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have seen these on multiple boats and always wondered if they were necessary or a gimmick. Is the only purpose to get on plane faster? If so were you guys that use them having a hard time getting on plane? I have had 4 boats now from 14-18 feet long and am currently running a 16 footer with a 50hp and although she doesn't jump on plane she does plane out just fine. Just wondering what the advantage is and what issues you guys were dealing with that you were hoping to correct by installing one? Hopefully these questions don't end up costing me money when I go out and buy one because of what you guys said.

No gimmick, I went out today and it is remarkable of how much difference my boat rides now. Feels a lot more stable in choppy water and planes out much more faster and planes at lower speeds so you don't feel like your plowing through the water. I love it

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
yeah not only does it help you get on plane quicker it also makes the ride more stabilized. If I get a new motor for my boat my hydrofoil will be going on the new motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts