Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went shore fishing at the mid/upper DR again last night, and caught my 3rd walleye in 2 times out last night. Fished 11pm-3:30am, same area as Tuesday (just east of Ambassador bridge), and got the fish at about 2:45am. Water was somewhat murky, but still spotted many fish. Again, I would see fish jumping/splashing in intervals, and then I would spot the fish. It was crazy. Ten minutes on, ten off. Threw about everything I had at 'em 'till I finally got one to hit a white/chartreuse wally diver-type crank. Could've saved myself half the casts if I only threw out when the activity was 'on'. Don't know the exact depth, except that the area goes from fairly deep to extremely shallow. They really are coming in shallow at night, including some nice ones. Was kinda upset that I only got one small one after seeing so many in shallow.

Took a pic on my celly this time, and will try and find the adapter so I can post.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
nice job good report

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(6667supersport @ Jul 31 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thats great U can catch walleye from shore..................Keep U the good work, Im sure U will once U fry one up..................

Thanks man. It takes a little work, but I think I'm narrowing it down. And fryin' 'em up is the reason why I keep going back!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice job on the eyes. Use to do the same thing about 25 years ago on bell isle, and the old tire plant. Police use to wonder what a white boy was doing down there at that time of night
. Next thing you will be looking at buying a boat
. If they are up on the surface try casting a floating rapala and reel it kinda slow so its just under the surface. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Try casting a 4" Finnese minnow with no weight. Let it hit the water and just twitch it. Slow and shallow.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Nice!

Try using lures on the big side (like 12cm X-Raps. X-Rap jointed shads, Long A's, larger husky jerks, etc.), with a fast, darting retrieve or "injured minnow" presentation. I've gotten some really nice ones (up to 29 inches, average 23 inches) from shore around dusk that way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts