Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I would recommend contacting BoatUS or checking their web site. I believe they have a list of reputable transporters and they would know who has a liability history. Do your homework and check references. There are excellent transporters out there. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I was looking for an old thread about this. A friend of mine had his boat moved up here from Tellico Lake & he raved about the guy that brought it up here. I posted his name & number in a thread where a guy asked about moving a wood boat here from Chesapeake Bay. I did find a few threads about this subject though.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
I have *no* idea how good these guys are, or what their rates are. I just thought it was a pretty cool 5th wheel trailer that handles boats "From a 21' Searay to a 40' weighing 20,000 lbs" and they "pick up most boats without a hoist and deliver them without a hoist with the use of our Hydraulic Conolift Trailer", "anywhere in the US".

http://www.stclairmarinesalvage.com/LandHauling.htm

I've never done it yet, but if you decide to just cruise it back here though the locks and Welland canal, let me know and I'll give you a hand... I have a few weeks off before the ice sets up!

·
Sponsor since Sep. 08
488 Posts
Call Mike, my partner in the marina, at 586-615-3251
He will take care of you.

thanks
Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts