Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks closed up !!!

not that it's a loss to me. I will say their technicians were quite good...but I was not happy with the vet care my lil guy rec'd there.
Construction on that huge addition has been zero for a very long time....but now I don't even see an
open sign or cars in the parking lot anymore.

anyone know ??

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and if they are closed...pet owners need to know there is no longer a 24 hr emergency vet in the neighborhood. I'd hate to see wasted time travelling there in an emergency just to have to find somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
No way!!!!

That's where I take my dog and I'm very happy with the service I've received for the last 4 years. Great. Now I have to find a different vet who specializes in English Bull Dogs.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hold on pquest...I really don't know for sure. That is why I'm asking.
I know someone like tcg or jazzy will know.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Stodge @ Dec 16 2009, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is that where your doctor worked?

listen lil bruvver..dont you think it's time to GET OVER IT ???

MOM LIKES ME BEST COZ I'M BETTER !!!!

sheeesh !!! grow up already !

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow !!! that's a huge facility empty now. wonder what will come in there next ???

Be great if the vet down the road takes over...they are my favs...but doubt they'd offer 24 hr er.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Two of the Vets pulled out during the construction and and the remaining vet did not have the money to finish! He was in debt to far and the bank took back the building and property!
The bank is paying to enclose the building and see what happens from there!

·
Registered
528 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Dec 16 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Two of the Vets pulled out during the construction and and the remaining vet did not have the money to finish! He was in debt to far and the bank took back the building and property!

Wow, that's good info!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
That's too bad, but I'm not surprised. The quality of care, IMO, had fallen off in recent years. My family dogs had been going there since probably 1980, so we had a long-term perspective from which to judge. It also seems that, with all the construction, going in for something minor always ended up with a huge bill. Wanted my dog taken care of, not an opportunity to subsidize construction. All the good vets we really liked have left a while ago...Dr. Chris Guisinger went to Wilson Vet in Romeo and Dr. Mark Hackel to Serenity Animal Hospital in Sterling Heights.

Our Rottie Monte got very sick a couple years ago and it was too far to take him all the way to New Baltimore, so we went to Serenity, which is close by on 15 Mile just east of Schoenherr, and although we ended up losing our buddy, we have been very very pleased with that facility and the terrific care Monte and now our other dogs, Derek and Madison (the retired Coastie Dog), have received there. Can't say enough good things about Dr. Michelle Meyer and Dr. Jennifer Catalina. Dr. Hackel has continued to be great, too, taking care of my sister's dog. She brings her from Chesterfield. FYI, www.serenityanimalhospital.net on the Web. They're not a 24 hour facility, but they are open 7 days with good hours, so unless it's a real emergency, we can get in for treatment.

There is also an emergency vet clinic on Gratiot just north of Mount Clemens, that is open at night and on holidays. http://www.animalemergencyhospital.net

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks Lake Newbie for the info. I pass by there alot and never noticed no cars in the drive. I had to take a pet there for an emergency and they were great because my vet was closed. Course my vet was moonlighting there that day, thank god, of the emergency and knew what his problem was which saved time. I took my cat there a couple months ago and I got great and prompt service. So I will have to check this new place out on Gratiot. Wondering what building they are in and what complex on Gratiot.

·
Registered
602 Posts
QUOTE(SOSCLhistorian @ Dec 16 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's too bad, but I'm not surprised. The quality of care, IMO, had fallen off in recent years. My family dogs had been going there since probably 1980, so we had a long-term perspective from which to judge. It also seems that, with all the construction, going in for something minor always ended up with a huge bill. Wanted my dog taken care of, not an opportunity to subsidize construction. All the good vets we really liked have left a while ago...Dr. Chris Guisinger went to Wilson Vet in Romeo and Dr. Mark Hackel to Serenity Animal Hospital in Sterling Heights.

Our Rottie Monte got very sick a couple years ago and it was too far to take him all the way to New Baltimore, so we went to Serenity, which is close by on 15 Mile just east of Schoenherr, and although we ended up losing our buddy, we have been very very pleased with that facility and the terrific care Monte and now our other dogs, Derek and Madison (the retired Coastie Dog), have received there. Can't say enough good things about Dr. Michelle Meyer and Dr. Jennifer Catalina. Dr. Hackel has continued to be great, too, taking care of my sister's dog. She brings her from Chesterfield. FYI, www.serenityanimalhospital.net on the Web. They're not a 24 hour facility, but they are open 7 days with good hours, so unless it's a real emergency, we can get in for treatment.

There is also an emergency vet clinic on Gratiot just north of Mount Clemens, that is open at night and on holidays. http://www.animalemergencyhospital.net

I second everything Jon said. We'd been going to ABV since it opened, and there were real problems in recent years. We've followed Dr. Hackel to Serenity and are very happy so far.

So sad to see ABV close. Dr. K. worked so hard to build that practice up and now it is virtually gone.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
QUOTE(SOSCLhistorian @ Dec 16 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's too bad, but I'm not surprised. The quality of care, IMO, had fallen off in recent years. My family dogs had been going there since probably 1980, so we had a long-term perspective from which to judge. It also seems that, with all the construction, going in for something minor always ended up with a huge bill. Wanted my dog taken care of, not an opportunity to subsidize construction. All the good vets we really liked have left a while ago...Dr. Chris Guisinger went to Wilson Vet in Romeo and Dr. Mark Hackel to Serenity Animal Hospital in Sterling Heights.

That emergency place on Gratiot is great. We have used them in the past.

Last year our 19 year old cat had to be put down. It was after hours on a Sunday and we did not want to put her through another day.

They were very accommodating and understanding.

Matt

·
Registered
562 Posts
Their new place is on the west side of Gratiot, maybe 3/8 to 1/2 mile north of 23 Mile. They are open 24 hrs. Its a little bit hard to find the first time, but its the first driveway north of the sign for some kind of "fuelgas" company sign. Its in the same industrial complex as "Alternative Automotive" and they use the same driveway.
Hope that helps....

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Dec 16 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Two of the Vets pulled out during the construction and and the remaining vet did not have the money to finish! He was in debt to far and the bank took back the building and property!

With as much as they charge there, I am really surprised they were in so much debt. I always thought that place was a rip off compared to other places. They misdiagnosed my dog many times. When she finally passed, with no compassion at all for the misdiagnose, they charged me $50 to "dispose" of her.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts

I know this, as I work for an organization that is owed money still.

Bummer deal though, i liked the place and would bring my animals there quite a bit!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Good Information

We were taking our English Springer spaniel to ABV

Prior to moving out to the Anchor Bay area we used Serenity Animal Hospital. This was before they moved from the Schoenherr Road (South of 15 mile) location to their new facility on 15 Mile.

I compared old statements. My experience showed they were more expensive than ABV.

Cannot imagine what they charge now with that new facility. I hear it is very swanky. I also heard their boarding rates have gone thru the roof.

Dr. Karen had a caring staff but seemed to be a bit overstaffed in the front office.

We tried getting our pets records transferred to ABV from Serenity but they wanted to charge us some ridiculous amount to do it. Far more expensive than getting a copy of my own personal medical records from my Physician.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Will have to look into this new location:

Is this place on Gratiot called Anchor Bay Vet Hospital??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts