Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandson & I went out this morning and had plans on launching at Harley and heading over to Strawberry Island. Looked like a few bass tourneys were going at that launch. 5:45 A.M. and the lot and ramps were filled up. We went over to Metro to launch and the ramps were not busy at all. We launched there with a few others. Trolled the Black Creek on our way out to the lake. Caught some undersized bass, both Large & small mouths. Also caught what I think were white perch. They definitely were not silver bass, so I will call them white perch? (I will have to look at a photo of white perch to know for sure if that's what they were).
Tried trolling & drifting north & south of the Black Creek, & not much biting for us at all. More small bass, sunfish and a huge sheepshead, and we lost a big catfish at the boat. We are going to launch tomorrow morning at Decker's and will hit the Sny, Snake Hwy. and Fisher's Bay to see what's going on, if anything. Regardless, it will be another great day to be out on the lake with my grandson.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My grandson & I went out this morning and had plans on launching at Harley and heading over to Strawberry Island. Looked like a few bass tourneys were going at that launch. 5:45 A.M. and the lot and ramps were filled up. We went over to Metro to launch and the ramps were not busy at all. We launched there with a few others. Trolled the Black Creek on our way out to the lake. Caught some undersized bass, both Large & small mouths. Also caught what I think were white perch. They definitely were not silver bass, so I will call them white perch? (I will have to look at a photo of white perch to know for sure if that's what they were).
Tried trolling & drifting north & south of the Black Creek, & not much biting for us at all. More small bass, sunfish and a huge sheepshead, and we lost a big catfish at the boat. We are going to launch tomorrow morning at Decker's and will hit the Sny, Snake Hwy. and Fisher's Bay to see what's going on, if anything. Regardless, it will be another great day to be out on the lake with my grandson.
Did not make it out there today as planned. Woke up & not feeling well this morning nor tonight actually. Took a covid test and it indicated i do not have covid. Maybe got ahold of some bad food yesterday??

·
Super Moderator
82 Posts
Did not make it out there today as planned. Woke up & not feeling well this morning nor tonight actually. Took a covid test and it indicated i do not have covid. Maybe got ahold of some bad food yesterday??
Nephews wife that's an RN in the ER at Henry Ford Hosp. says there's an intestinal bug going around.
Usually last 4-5 days.
If'n ya have it...drink lots of fluids and...hope you're stocked up on the TP.:oops:
Like ST said...hope you get feelin better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts