Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
After nearly 10 years in a cardboard box, I have remembered to pull out my grandma's old antique, 8-day clock. It works on a weight system and they need to be raised every 8 days to keep time. I need to find a good, local, repairman who can fix a problem I have with the weights (why it was put in storage in the first place) and give it a good once over and cleaning. The clock dates back at least to pre-WW2 as you can see it in pictures she had that are dated in the mid-1930's.

Pyrate

Attachments

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I feel like I 'm watching Antique Roadshow.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I'll be calling around later this afternoon.

Pyrate

Hey Snow........
You feel like you are watching the antique roadshow?

You should see my family room, 18th century items, a mid 1500's bronze cannon, pirate pistol from 1692 (Port Royal Jamaica from earthquake building ruins) spanish galleon wood, fittings, muslet balls, shoe soles, bones, pweter tankards, plates, cups, bronze forks, ect...... All original shipwreck found stuff of course.

Pyrate.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(PyrateJim @ Oct 7 2003, 03:20 PM)You should see my family room, 18th century items, a mid 1500's bronze cannon, pirate pistol from 1692 (Port Royal Jamaica from earthquake building ruins) spanish galleon wood, fittings, muslet balls, shoe soles, bones, pweter tankards, plates, cups, bronze forks, ect...... All original shipwreck found stuff of course.

Pyrate.
I forgot that you did that stuff. That would be so cool!

We went on a glass-bottom boat tour of shipwrecks a couple years ago up in Munising in the U. P. It was cool, but I'm sure nowhere near as cool as some of the stuff you've seen.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(rerun @ Oct 8 2003, 08:02 AM)Jim can you go thru and take pics of all that stuff.....I'd be pretty cool to see.
Actually ReRun I am in the process of doing just that for the insurance company. I'll add some descreptive text to the pics and through them on a page and paste the link. I nthe meantime, anything of interest right now I have, I'll be happy to post.

Jim

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
QUOTE(PyrateJim @ Oct 7 2003, 03:20 PM)a mid 1500's bronze cannon, pirate pistol from 1692 (Port Royal Jamaica from earthquake building ruins)
These 2 items should hold me over till you get them all done.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rerun, and of course anyone else interested. Here are some pics of the antipersonnel cannon, Port Royal Jamaica pistol and a pair of WORKING navigation dividers from the coast of Mexico from around 1620.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
and 5.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.