Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am comming back to the pond next thursday and friday, I hope the weather holds out.
Can any one give me some advice on places fo some Muskie action. I have knowlage of the lake but have been away for a few years. Please advise on the best colors and sizes to use..Nils 007 is probably to big for this time of year but $9bass will probably work?
please advise
Jack

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Depends on your license....

If US only, I'd go to the dumping grounds or the area near the St Clair Light as I heard reports of several caught there last weekend. If Canada, I'd go the hump or the weather buoy area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(fishinchef @ Aug 18 2009, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(little guy @ Aug 18 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Depends on your license....

If US only, I'd go to the dumping grounds or the area near the St Clair Light as I heard reports of several caught there last weekend. If Canada, I'd go the hump or the weather buoy area.

Any sugestions on Baits...Those were the areas I was going to try... thanks

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I don't know what's been hot lately, but I guess there was a post about a nice fish on a bucktail. I think most guys are running a mix of bucktails and body baits in the usual patterns. Don't overlook some smaller baits - the guys pulling walleye harnesses can't keep the muskies off.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
the bites been all over the palce we took fish on jointed/stick body baits and bucktails sunday. they were hitting both my shallow and deep running baits even had some action on a topwater. there really was no set pattern. as little guy said run a mixture and see what they want that day. as far as location theres fish being caught all over from what ive been hearing north shore,south shore,mid lake. id me more worried about where the floating weeds are/water color. thats how i usually pick my location.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.