Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We planted a while ago, didn't put the cages around them. They are getting big & growing on the ground.
I got the cages today, tried to weave them in..now they look droopy & wilty. I have a black thumb.

Will they be ok?

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Capt'n Rob is into Tomato Plants...he'll be able to tell ya, I am sure.

How are you doing today MrsSunbum?

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Moments.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Jul 7 2003, 08:18 PM)Sounds to me like they need water. Add a little miracle grow, great for tomatos
So I didn't kill them by touching them? They were fine till I did that. I will water in a bit, then get some miracle grow tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Jul 7 2003, 08:33 PM)Tell Mr. Sunbum to stop peeing on them after drinking all that beer.
How did the hard hat work on the ride back?
MrSunbum has been peeing on the tomato plants? Wanna come over for salad?

The hard hat was cool , he put it on near that house, but there was no one there.

We thought that would have been funny. Then again, 3 hours sleep, a few cocktails, everything was funny.

·
Registered
284 Posts
As long as you did not break any of the branches they will bounce back in a few days. Did you kink the branches at all weaving the cages in? If so, they should still return in a few days. If they are beyond repair and you have some green tomatoes already, pick them before they get mushy and return fire next time a water ballon or football is heading your way.
Aim for the eyes, tomatoes burn like hell in the eyes. They do make miracle grow specifically for tomatoes also. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(FourWinns @ Jul 7 2003, 09:24 PM)As long as you did not break any of the branches they will bounce back in a few days. Did you kink the branches at all weaving the cages in? If so, they should still return in a few days. If they are beyond repair and you have some green tomatoes already, pick them before they get mushy and return fire next time a water ballon or football is heading your way.
Aim for the eyes, tomatoes burn like hell in the eyes. They do make miracle grow specifically for tomatoes also. Good luck.
I didnt break any main branches. I did snap a couple of side type braches. whatever they are called. Did I mention I am not a gardner?
I watered them. I am debating about buying some miracle grow, or just calling CBJ. I saw alot of pics of him fertilizing everything from front yards, to tables, to dogs.
What would be better? Miracle grow? or CBJ?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Jul 7 2003, 07:33 PM)Tell Mr. Sunbum to stop peeing on them after drinking all that beer.
How did the hard hat work on the ride back?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
My tomato plant is growing like a vine. Only one green tomato so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts