Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out last week and didnt have alot of success, tried the spot we had been fishing for the last couple weeks and seems like the perch have moved...
we were out from the 400 club, but i am guessing we have to either try deeper water than 12 ft or try anchor bay.
not too picky on what we catch, but would like to have a little action, even sheaphead would keep me busy haha.
we will probably be anchoring with perch rigs, or drifting with harnesses and rigs.
can anyone suggest a good area to try?
would shallower water do the trick?

also would like to share a funny story i heard today, some friends of friends went out for musky in canadian waters(thats the best description i got) trolled big baits and hooked 2 Big walleye, but no musky, then a friend told me he was getting musky on crawler harnesses, ahh the irony....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Dgreif,

Over the past few years I have heard people say that 1/2 of the muskies caught are when fishing for other species. The first time out this year my son's friend (8 year old) hooked a muskie on a snell hook and worm with beads and small spinner. We were in 10 FOW straight out from Selfrige, targeting what I thought were walleye just off the bottom. The only thing I can figure is that the musky hit the spinner as it was sinking.

This past weekend I took the family for a cruise around Anchor Bay. I always keep the fish finder on to scope fishing spots. We headed for the north end of the lake up by the Tin Fish and several times marked some rather large fish (my guess musky) in 10 - 13 FOW. Unfortunately, I did not run across any schools of Perch. Now I figure the fish are on to me since I always seem to find the fish when I'm not fishing. How's that for Irony?

Good Luck
Capt'n Paul

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dgreif,
I'd head deeper by the channel, or down further by GPYC or the dumps. If you don't want to make the drive to the dumping grounds, go by the channel. Around marker 30. I was out there last Saturday. Pulled one 17" eye by marker 30 in about 17fow. Made a few more passes and nothing. Newphew was bored, so we split a little before 3:00. My in-laws were on the Canadian side and came over to the same spot we were in. We just missed them. They limited out. If only we would have stayed a little longer. They were using a different color harness though. Sometimes, that makes all the difference. Good luck wherever you go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts