Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been having any luck catching the perch? Im not trying to pry on your secret spot, just wondering if anyones having any luck? Unfortunatly, I am working in Baltimore, MD, as work is slow in our area, and I only get home on the weekends
. My 4 year old caught a very nice 12+" yellow perch 2 weeks ago, then about 25-30 dinks. Well good luck to all, just wondering if them babies are still around? Thanks,

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
There out there! just a matter of finding them also. And there not always in like 2ft water they hang out in 10ft too. Tight Lines!

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I got into um on Sunday on US side of St Clair light about 300 yds north west.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
QUOTE(boomhauer @ Jul 6 2009, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>N 42'28.816

w 82'43.041

Make sure to take at least one 6 - 8 lb mushroom (or mud) anchor with you. I usually always take 2 with me when out chasing perch.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have had descent luck drifting/trolling getting the better size ones, everytime I have anchored you get about 10-15 lil ones/ keeper.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
QUOTE(gldnrcher @ Jul 6 2009, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have had descent luck drifting/trolling getting the better size ones, everytime I have anchored you get about 10-15 lil ones/ keeper.

The mud anchor stirs up the bottom and gets the bigger ones going.

Curiousity killed the cat, well it also did the same thing to the Jumbo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts