Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow LSCN'ers... I live 15+ miles away from the lake, and with 94 construction last year I spent more time being stuck in traffic than being out on the water, which is a shame. This year, I'd like to find a spot near the south river dnr launch. I know there are a number of fenced in areas where people keep their trailered boats so i wanted to know if anyone had any details on locations, pricing etc.

Thanks in advance...

P.S. Can anyone recommend any canvas shops in that area and give me an idea of what the pricing might be that can repair the see-through side curtains of my bimini top?

·
12,052 Posts
I know captains cove at hall and jefferson offers a price on storage on a trailer and a key to their private ramp. It was $400. many years ago. 949-5990 (Dynamic)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks hammer, I called, its a bit expansive. 500 bux for the season. The advantage of course is a private launch... But i need something a bit cheaper hopefully. Dont need to have the private launch priviledges. Just a spot i can park the damn thing lol.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Good luck finding something cheaper. THat kind of thing is a supply and demand kinda thing. Trust me for all the hastle last year, the 500 bucks is well worth it.

I used to live 15 miles away and I decided to spend much more tan 500 bucks to rack store, and I can tell you that I wouldn't have done it any other way. Just not having to deal with driving all around town with the boat on the trailer was worth it.

Just my .02

G

·
i have a storage unit at Storage USA on North River rd(@I-94). I know they have outdoor storage spots. You might want to call them.

24651 N. River Rd.
Mt. Clemens, MI 48043

586-463-7892

www.sus.com

·
12,052 Posts
I used to trailer a 24' baja years ago and launch at the DNR at the end of hall road. There were times the line was backed up all the way to Jefferson. (about a 2 hour wait) I bought a key to Captains Cove ramp for $100. or $150. and never waited from then on. How was I supposed to impress the chicks I was taking out by waiting in line??

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Beermaster @ Mar 19 2004, 04:28 PM)Thanks hammer, I called, its a bit expansive. 500 bux for the season. The advantage of course is a private launch... But i need something a bit cheaper hopefully. Don't need to have the private launch privileges. Just a spot i can park the damn thing lol.
Not waiting will be worth the extra $$$$! All those launches are jammed packed each and every weekend. The hotter it is outside...the longer the wait. I personally would pay the $500.00.
Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So 500 it is then. I only had to wait twice in the line on south river last year. I guess I got lucky. And i went out 3-4-5 times a week. Nevertheless, you are correct that not having to wait 2 hours is a major bonus. I have no chicks to impress tho. I got my admiral, and my friends, its either we go out for a little cruise or i go out fishing. Thanks for all the suggestions and numbers. I'll make some inquiries on monday and we'll go from there.

Best Regards,

Andrew

1 - 13 of 13 Posts