Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for public boat launches on Lake St. Clair as close as possible to the Thames River mouth.

Web searches have run me around in circles. The closest I could find is Deerbrook Marina, at the Ruscom, which is still a bit of a trip, my 14ft boat being just powered by a 5hp gas guzzler and 2 50lb thrust electrics, especially trolling at slow late fall speeds.

·
Registered
451 Posts
QUOTE(gimmeteeth @ Nov 16 2009, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm looking for public boat launches on Lake St. Clair as close as possible to the Thames River mouth.

Web searches have run me around in circles. The closest I could find is Deerbrook Marina, at the Ruscom, which is still a bit of a trip, my 14ft boat being just powered by a 5hp gas guzzler and 2 50lb thrust electrics, especially trolling at slow late fall speeds.

Jeannettes Creek is a town about 1 mile up the river form the mouth, Public Boat launch, should be fine with a small boat like yours, but can be a zoo at times.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(crawdad @ Nov 16 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(gimmeteeth @ Nov 16 2009, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm looking for public boat launches on Lake St. Clair as close as possible to the Thames River mouth.

Jeannettes Creek is a town about 1 mile up the river form the mouth, Public Boat launch, should be fine with a small boat like yours, but can be a zoo at times.

Mucho thanks, crawdad, I'll check it out.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I launched there today. Great location, but weird, weird ramp -- drops about 1/2 foot at end of paved portion -- tough to pull out, spun wheels a lot!

Actually that looks like a great shore fishing site. Deep water, marked lots and lots of fish.

QUOTE(PikeCreek @ Nov 16 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>At the mouth of the Thames there is a launch just across from the Lighthouse, adjacent the Hotel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts