Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry guys thought maybe someone could help. Have to drive along ways and didn't want to waste a trip. Why is everyone so tight lip about the smallmouth fishn? Don't want to steal your spots, Just want to enjoy catchn some fish.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The smallmouth fishing sucked the entire year this year. I personally have never fished for them this late before but if I did I would try the south canadian shore in 3-8 fow. I would also try the belle hump.

Good luck if you try.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I read a report from the W side of the state that said the bass are chasing shallow-running cranks and spinnerbaits fished fast just under the surface, practically skipped on top.

Those were largemouths, but it may be worth a shot for smallies, too. Put on a heavy leader (30lb or better fluoro or mono), because they're getting pike that way, too. Also said they're coming in real shallow in the evening.

QUOTE(whitetail98 @ Nov 3 2009, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anybody been chasing smallies. Still trying to get one more trip in before the snow fly's. Thanks for any help!!!

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I haven't targeted smallies since the beginning of June so I can't give you much info. I've been too obsessed with musky this year but have caught several smallies (4 - 5.5 lb range) on bucktails & other musky baits recently in as shallow as 5 fow out to 12 fow (Anchor Bay & Mile Rds.). Even on the beefed up musky gear those smallies still put up a great fight.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
I haven't been out since my last report almost two weeks ago. If this weather forecast keeps up I'll be out there Sunday or Monday for one last hoorah.

I don't think it's a case of people being tight lipped. Last weekend the wind was blowing crazy again....something like 20-30 knots with gale warnings. Just ridiculous winds once again. I'd be surprised to see more than four or five boats chasing smallies this weekend, even if it's nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts