Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:blink: Well i know im in trouble its only Febuary and I am buying Walleye rods, Walleye Mag's, Musky lures and Musky Mag's, but i guess it's my own demon and i have to deal with it,,, but my question is this, to my anguish and pain i backed over my Cannon plainer board's with my truck um { long story } but i think i will make my own, but how wide should each board be, im figuring 28-29" long and 1.25 thick but how wide should they be, im talking being able to handle 2 musky lures per board, you know 10 inch each, you know a lot of drag on that baby, but if there is anyone who could give some advice i would be thankfull,,,,,,,,,,ice fishing is great but its only a crutch to me to get me by for the winter.... cant wait to fire up the outboard..... :(

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Welcome to the network ripping: Come on tell us the story of the truck and boards. I don't think it's a demon being able to buy all that fishing stuff it's a bonus. LOL N E ways. I hope you enjoy this fishing network and I would think to measure the old boards, or call lakeside and see if they have plans to make some.

h2o<----says welcome to the club....

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Hi ya Rippin, and welcome to the site. For a set of plans to make planner boards go to www.outdoor-links.com/boards.htm I built my own set and they work great. Good to do now to help with this darn cabin fever.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome, and well my wife might have a different version but she was unloading grocery's and moved the board's to the best place she could find ( behind the rear tires ). o well not to upset kinda old board's, plus making my own will get me more in the mood ( like i need that ) but ya Czar i will check out that site thanks alot, thanks for the advice H2o,

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome, and well my wife might have a different version but she was unloading grocery's and moved the board's to the best place she could find ( behind the rear tires ). o well not to upset kinda old board's, plus making my own will get me more in the mood ( like i need that ) but ya Czar i will check out that site thanks alot, thanks for the advice H2o,

·
Registered
319 Posts
I made some a few years ago with some plans I found on-line. The plans called for cedar, It would have been cheaper to bye them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts