Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAVEN`T HEARD ANY CHATTER ON THESE TWO SENSATIVE SUBJECTS LATELY. HOW ALL IS GOOD WITH BOTH!!!! ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO?????

BEST WISHES FOR BOTH OF YOU !!!!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Get well, Firecracker

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
I saw Elaine today and she looked very tired...she's been at her mother's side 24/7. No other definite news to report; doctors are doing some more tests. Keep saying prayers for her and her family-they really need all a lot of support.

·
Registered
79 Posts
QUOTE(Saleena362 @ Sep 3 2003, 09:30 PM)I saw Elaine today and she looked very tired...she's been at her mother's side 24/7. No other definite news to report; doctors are doing some more tests. Keep saying prayers for her and her family-they really need all a lot of support.
I look tired???? What do you mean? I look GOOD.

Kidding. I know I look like hell. Feel even worse.

They are pretty sure the cancer has spread to moms lungs, but at this point, they are more concerned with the Sepsis and E coli. Very tough infections to beat even in a previosly healthy person. Mom is getting very tired of the fight.

Thank you RHO for your concern. Greatly appreciated. As are all the prayers & well wishes.

A very special thank you to Laney. I really needed that.
Laney took me to lunch & let me vent. ahhhhhhh Feel better. Thank you for the hugs & love.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
QUOTE(MrSunbum @ Sep 3 2003, 07:23 PM)A very special thank you to Laney. I really needed that.
Laney took me to lunch & let me vent. ahhhhhhh Feel better. Thank you for the hugs & love.
ummmm....yeah, you're tired MR. Sunbum.... ha ha he he

and you do look good...no, you look MAAAAVALEOUS

Hey woman, ANYTIME....I remember SEVERAL times you did it for me...luv ya chicka!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
For those of you who did read it, here is a copy of what I posted yesterday in the thread about prayers for me.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and laughs

I am taking the time to check my e-mail right now. I didn't get out of the hospital till yesterday. Problems with my lungs after surgery, an infection which turned into pneumonia. I am on enough drugs right now it is hard to check and write my e-mails.

I really appreciated all the post that Dookie brought to me at the hospital. She is a true friend. She sneaks into my hospital room at 10:00 pm at night carrying a brown paper bag which looked like a bottle of some sort.... it turned out to be the biggest chocolate shake ever. She made me laugh so hard I thought my stitches where going to pop

I have to share with you all the one last thing that happend to me before I went down the hall for my surgery. I think some of you may turly appreciate this one. The doctor hands me a shot of medicine to drink before the wheel me away, and what do I hear..... oh, she is good at that, SOCIAL!!! La ya Dookie!!! God knows what the people standing around me where thinking All I knew was that was the last thing said to me before surgery! Wow!

I have to tell you I don't know what I would do with out all of you great LSCN'ers. You all keep my world turning.

NO CODE DNR I feel just like a ladyfinger today

Thanks and XO,
Firecracker

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Firecrakcer, good to see you're felling better. And posting!!!

SOCIALLL!!! Good to know you have a crazy LSCN friend to turn a tough situation into soomething boozey like that!!

Keep us updated, get better!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
I see MrSunbum is on-or Mrs. is tired and logged in under his name...how are things going? Any news?

xoxo

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
We
the Sunbums...no matter which one it is! We are here for you guys....you've got our numbers...Hell, call all of us at 3:00 am...We'll talk.

Really, do hope Elaine's mother is doing and feeling better. Big hugs to you guys.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Rock On Julie and Mrs. Sunbum -

I have been too busy with work for much socializing and when I come back I don't even know what's going on!!!!!!!

!!Best wishes to you for a speedy and strong recovery Firecracker!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
MrsSunbum here. Logged on under Mr...too tired to mess with changing it. Mom is doing better. Seems much stronger. THey are stilling giving her anti biotics to fight the infections. Running tests. Other than that, not much has changed.
I am home for the weekend (as long as she stays stable) Need some R& R........ and ALCOHOL!
Thank you again for all the prayers and support. It keeps me strong. I told my mom about all of you ..and the prayers. She is very grateful

Firecracker, So glad to hear you on the mend. Loved your story!!
I did something similar last year. While having a lump (benign) removed, they had me on some AWESOME drugs. Talked thru the whole thing. Told the Dr. I wanted beads, "cuz I don't flash these unless I get beads". It was right after JN2. Dr cracked up. Nurses were confused.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts