Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A liitle piece of me died when prima donna scored. At least it was an overtime game.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
i took a quick look at my face book, and the page is full of crosby this, crosby that. what a bitch..... so on and so forth. nothin good about the kid.

Oh well USA, exciting game, wrong ending....

·
Registered
489 Posts
Nothing personally against Sidney. I don't think he's a bad guy at all. I do however object to him being elevated to rank of messiah in Canada. I have to look at his face every ten seconds on HNIC now. That's my beef, they shove him down my throat.

He's a good player that delivers. No problem with that. He's never said anything that I can point to as being controversial either. I hated Michael Jordon too. No one deserves preferential treatment from the refs. Gordie never got it. Isaiah never got it. Stevie never got it.

OK I'm done..................for now.

One more thing; Congratulation Sidney Crosby. That nearly killed me.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Everybody call him a crybaby but then they cry about him...

I like him as a player very passionate and he has a good head on his shoulders. I dont think he is the next great one but an exceptional player.

Ovee is the next great one.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(crawdad @ Mar 1 2010, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Only the best player in the NHL... YOU GUYS ARE JEALOUS C'MON, ADMIT IT

GO CANADA GO
The best player? What game are you watching? Ovechkin skates circles around him. And I won't even start about past greats. He is a whiny baby every time he gets hit straight to the refs he goes of course after he lays on the ice for five minutes hoping a whistle will blow. how in the world does that portray into the best player. Oh my. I can't believe someone would call him the best player in the nhl

·
Registered
451 Posts
Look at it how ever you want, just look at the numbers he puts up..... That tells the story...

"In his first season, he finished sixth in scoring with 102 points (39 goals, 63 assists). By his second season, he led the NHL with 120 points (36 goals, 84 assists) to capture the Art Ross Trophy, becoming the youngest player and the only teenager to win a scoring title in any major North American sports league. That same season, Crosby won the Hart Memorial Trophy as the most valuable player as determined by the Professional Hockey Writers Association, and the Lester B. Pearson Award as the most valuable player as determined by the NHL Players Association. He is the seventh player in NHL history to have earned all three awards. After losing to the Detroit Red Wings in the 2008 Stanley Cup Finals, Crosby won his first Stanley Cup in 2009, becoming the youngest captain in NHL history to win the championship.
Internationally, Crosby has represented Team Canada in two World Junior Championships, winning silver in 2004 and gold in 2005. In the 2010 Winter Olympics, Crosby scored the game-winning goal against the United States to win the gold medal for Canada 3-2 in overtime"

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I said he (Crosby) delivered. I hate him, he's not a Wing. I hated Michael Jordon too. I feel he (Crosby) gets preferential treatment like Jordan did, that I don't like. That's all, he's very good, I wish he were on Detroit. OK

Ovechkin stank up the Olympics, I'm sorry. He's a great NHL player but only the North American players brought it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
i loved the results. crosby did deliver the mail. both teams battled well.i wish crosby was a redwing, but you cant take away his talents. he is only 22 years old guys.miller was the incredible factor.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Great game, and although I know most here are Americans, I am not...so GO CANADA!

I'm not gonna get into a who's better debate, but I think we can all agree that it was a game for a generation. If you have a pulse, you LOVED that game!

That said, the U.S. played phenomenol hockey the entire tourney, and Ryan Miller deserved better--easily the MVP of the tourney.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CONGRATULATIONS CANADA. Be proud of your team Canadians, they deserved the GOLD.

Now go down to the Canadian version of Pigly Wiggly and pick up a six pack of Molson Canadian. Have a beer on me, I'm not buying of course just giving you permission to have a brew. It will be just like I bought you a beer to celebrate, I'm cracking one now. See we can celebrate together.

No hard feeling eh. Go wings! Make the playoffs please, then beat Nabakov and the Sharks in the first round. I'm buying the Molson (you know what I mean).

·
Registered
583 Posts
QUOTE(Bwana Don @ Mar 3 2010, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now go down to the Canadian version of Pigly Wiggly ...

Ah, sadly, at least here in Ontario, we can't just head over to the local corner store and pick up some pops. Liquor is controlled by the government (which is becoming increasingly prevalant in all aspects of life these days).

I love going over to the U.S; a case of beer is $20 compared to our $45 (and our dollars are pretty close to equal these days), and you can find it anywhere, anytime. Stupid LCBO...

I'd consider trading the gold medal in hockey for such luxuries!

Rant finished.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have nothing personal against Cindy but i heard them the other day compare him to GORDY HOWE i mean he is a good player but saying he compares to the best is just wrong. I am yet to see Crosby score a hattrick and win in a fight. Its like comparing dirt to gold and saying there the same.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts