Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find a good person or company that can do air conditioning.
I don't want a "my brother can do it on the side or my friend used to do this". Although I do appreciate someone that is willing to help but that just cost my WAY too much money.
I need an actual company or person that can come into my house and tell me with no doubt and fix what ever is wrong with my air.
The last person that came in to fix my air ended up putting an entire new AC system in the house and it is worse now than it was before and it cost me $1500.00
It is now 65 outside and 75 inside my house with the air on. I woke up and saw that and just turned it off.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
If someone on the board isn't able to help you, one of my best friends owns National Heating, Cooling and High Tech Duct Cleaning out of Macomb County. His name is Brian Devos and his phone number is 586-405-2765.

·
Registered
18,818 Posts
QUOTE(Jason R @ Jul 17 2009, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I need to find a good person or company that can do air conditioning.
I don't want a "my brother can do it on the side or my friend used to do this". Although I do appreciate someone that is willing to help but that just cost my WAY too much money.
I need an actual company or person that can come into my house and tell me with no doubt and fix what ever is wrong with my air.
The last person that came in to fix my air ended up putting an entire new AC system in the house and it is worse now than it was before and it cost me $1500.00
It is now 65 outside and 75 inside my house with the air on. I woke up and saw that and just turned it off.

Thanks
SOUNDS LIKE TOO SMALL OF A UNIT

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I used larry's heating and cooling outta white lake a while back. they fixed my lennox for me, they knew there chit. sad thing is parts were expensive and only available from the lennox dealer at bend-me-over-and-take-that kinda prices.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
You should have a one-year parts and labor warranty from your contractor read your contract. First phone call should go to them. But asking for a second opinion makes plenty of sense.

Then you should have anywhere between 3-5 year parts on A/C to lifetime on heat exchanger warranty.

Ok - rule number one whats the temperature drop across the coil.

Outside temp means nothing (sort of), when your unit is on you should have a 20-40 degree temperature drop across the coil.

If the house is 80 you should have at least 60 from diffusers.

If you walk in a 100 degree house, turn on the A/C your going to get 80 out, it will take an hour or two to lower the temperature, clear as mud yet.

doesn't mean your undersize but being sized right for efficiency.

but there is a ton of things to check for - blower speed - Change your filter # 1 - charge of freon - you can be overcharged and that will push your evap temp out of the proper cooling range.

need house size, furnace size, is it two ton, I'm already assuming.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
my bad double post

after re-reading that you woke up (meaning it was on for a while) and at 75 you turned it off, thats normal if your stats set at 78 degree like ours is, or we get froze out. You actually lost a few degrees through the insulation, we won't go there.

WHAT WAS YOU STAT SET AT, YOUR HOUSE WAS 75?

then you should have 55 degrees out of diffusers, again check air filter.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
sounds like Unit too small ,,, Or blower needs to be larger ,, Or crappy duct work . Or they palced unit too far from furnace and its working to hard to pump freon ,

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I can tell you who NOT to call

The Heating Authority out of Sterling Heights

Had a bad experience with them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.