Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had anything like this in my entire life.
I can't hear very well out of my right ear and the pain is extreme. I feel the pain going all the way down my jaw. My eyes keep watering and I can't stand in one spot without getting dizzy.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
"Earache my eye! How would you like a butt ache?!"

Sorry, couldn't resist a little Cheech & Chong there.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I get ear aches all the time, and recently one just like what you described and it turned out to be a tooth ache. Something about the nerves being close/related.

feel better!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Jason, sounds like you have an ear infection, and a good one at that. You need to go to the doctor, or an Ear/Nose/Throat doctor.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Jun 7 2004, 04:17 PM)WHAT?

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
If it hurts that badly, go to the doctors....
Ha!!

We have so many comedians around here.
I went to the Dr. yesterday and he said he's seen few ear infections worse than mine. Lucky me.
I almost stayed home from work today but being it's the nicest day of the year I figured they wouldn't believe me.
So, here I am.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
You might laugh at this but it works really well.... Some health stores sell what are called ear wax candles. You take a tin or paper plate and poke a hole in the plate. Then you place the ear wax candle through the hole and place your head flat on a table with the side of your head opposite the side that your going to stick the ear wax candle in. Have someone light the ear wax candle and let it burn down towards the plate while the other end is stuck in your ear. All the while you will hear some gurgling sounds in your ear. This is the wax in your ear being sucked up into the ear wax candle. Don't laugh, it really works and your won't believe how much wax you get out of your ear doing this. A lot safer then having a doctor shot water into your ear and maybe bursting your ear-drum...
That will be $25.00 for my office call....er. internet call.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(speedfreak @ Jun 8 2004, 10:05 AM)You weren't swimming in the Moot were you?!?!

You might have urinary-tract infection in your ear!!!!

It's funny you say that.
My Doctor said "You're a boater right?"
"You didn't swim out at that Gull Island where they have those nasty parties did you?"
I laughed.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
QUOTE(Jason R @ Jun 8 2004, 07:55 AM)Shove a candle in my ear??

Hmmm

It's really not a candle.. It's more like a rolled up paper tube which looks like an upside down ice-cream come. Pointed at one end and loose at the other. The point goes in your ear and you light the larger end on fire...

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Jun 8 2004, 10:56 AM)QUOTE(Jason R @ Jun 8 2004, 07:55 AM) Shove a candle in my ear??

Hmmm

It's really not a candle.. It's more like a rolled up paper tube which looks like an upside down ice-cream come. Pointed at one end and loose at the other. The point goes in your ear and you light the larger end on fire...
That's scary!!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
We were just taking about that candle thing the other night. My cousin swears by them. I'm going to have to check it out.

What causes a ear infection? Is it from a build up of wax?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts