Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was able to get out for some musky yesterday, and it went pretty well despite no hookups. Had a lot of follows, including a big 48" class fish right to the side of the boat. Tomorrow looks to be the last of the good days for a while, and I am still eager to hit 17 FOW for some pig smallies. I was wondering if anybody might be heading out tomorrow for them, and wouldn't mind me tagging along. I can cover some gas money if needed, so don't worry. Please shoot me a PM if you'd like a partner to tag along with. I have a deadly setup for smallies this time of year that I'd love to use it again.
Thanks again everybody, and good luck out there!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
QUOTE(stormchaser5399 @ Aug 6 2009, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well, I was able to get out for some musky yesterday, and it went pretty well despite no hookups. Had a lot of follows, including a big 48" class fish right to the side of the boat. Tomorrow looks to be the last of the good days for a while, and I am still eager to hit 17 FOW for some pig smallies. I was wondering if anybody might be heading out tomorrow for them, and wouldn't mind me tagging along. I can cover some gas money if needed, so don't worry. Please shoot me a PM if you'd like a partner to tag along with. I have a deadly setup for smallies this time of year that I'd love to use it again.

now in going out, will you be looking for a "fishing hole?" If you find it, it would be a great place for all your open seat requests!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(BCBpIV @ Aug 6 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(stormchaser5399 @ Aug 6 2009, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well, I was able to get out for some musky yesterday, and it went pretty well despite no hookups. Had a lot of follows, including a big 48" class fish right to the side of the boat. Tomorrow looks to be the last of the good days for a while, and I am still eager to hit 17 FOW for some pig smallies. I was wondering if anybody might be heading out tomorrow for them, and wouldn't mind me tagging along. I can cover some gas money if needed, so don't worry. Please shoot me a PM if you'd like a partner to tag along with. I have a deadly setup for smallies this time of year that I'd love to use it again.

now in going out, will you be looking for a "fishing hole?" If you find it, it would be a great place for all your open seat requests!

I have a few spots in particular that produced a lot of nice smallies for me last year using the same technique I plan to use again this year. I already caught a few last week while out musky fishing from switching over for about 10 minutes and trying for smallies in 15 FOW just out of curiosity. Had 3 or 4, and had a big one on but forgot to loosen my drag so he got off while flopping out of the water. I feel very confident I can get them, but I need to be in my spot to do that.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Large Mouth Peks @ Aug 6 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just let people know what the secret set-up is, OR give them the location or general location of the 'secret spot'....

...then it can stay

If ya can't, then ADIOS!!!

lol Pretty much 17 FOW just north of the shipping channel, align yourself with 9 Mile Tower, and get that drop shot ready for some fun action.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(BCBpIV @ Aug 6 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know Peks said "general location" but he actually meant GPS location!!!

Funny thing is, I don't have exact coordinates, becuase I just use 9 Mile Tower as my landmark to line up my spot. I should look at my LSC map and see if I can outline an area though. Never thought about doing that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.